Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City Chiropractic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

ya iv been there a good few times found him great

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

As above, used him several times, nothing but professional and friendly - very easy to deal with so have no problem recommending him!

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭dapto1

Haha, what is it with the Galway board and pseudoscience recently.

Edit: Just gonna leave these here...

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4042

http://www.chirobase.org/

http://www.badscience.net/index.php?s=chiropractic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭bigtuna

Found Shawn great. He gave me a lot of help with my neck and back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Was treated there, gave some temporary relief but a misdiagnosis of the core issue meant they weren't ever going to be able to fix the thing completely. Plus I thought they were a bit expensive, although I may have gotten a discount from the sports physio as I went through the college.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

dapto1 wrote: »
    Haha, what is it with the Galway board and pseudoscience recently.
    Please stop. If people feel better after visiting these practitioners, fine.
    This is not the place to discuss the validity of this and that treatment.

biko wrote: »
    Please stop. If people feel better after visiting these practitioners, fine.
    This is not the place to discuss the validity of this and that treatment.

OP asked about the validity of the treatment, in how it worked for people. Stay on topic, biko. Tut tut.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

OP asked about the validity of the treatment, in how it worked for people. Stay on topic, biko. Tut tut.

So you've been to this one? OP asked about a specific business. If you haven't been, then you *are* off topic yourself.

inisboffin wrote: »
    So you've been to this one? OP asked about a specific business. If you haven't been, then you *are* off topic yourself.

Hey I hear chiropractors can help with your sense of humour as well, sweet cheeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Hey I hear chiropractors can help with your sense of humour as well, sweet cheeks.

My own fault I suppose for feedin' ;)

Just getting a bit 'yawn' at this stage tbh

OP, never been to City, but a friend has and found them ok. When I've had back trouble I've gone to Karl Prendergast in Salthill. He is also a registered osteopath, and I would recommend him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

inisboffin wrote: »
    My own fault I suppose for feedin' ;)

Just getting a bit 'yawn' at this stage tbh

OP, never been to City, but a friend has and found them ok. When I've had back trouble I've gone to Karl Prendergast in Salthill. He is also a registered osteopath, and I would recommend him.

+1 for Karl (also from personal experience).

Chiros have some bad press re certain practice development practices that some adopt. (google it). Osteos have a lot more training, and generally a far more gentle approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I'm starting to think you're not actually as smart as some of your posts indicate.

Nuff said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Dubhghaillix

No, I went to a chiropractor when I was 16; He realigned my spine so that my sciatic nerve impinged on my humerus and I can no longer laugh. Just go to a Physiotherapist. Chiropractic is to Medicine what Creationism is to Biology.

JustMary wrote: »
    I'm starting to think you're not actually as smart as some of your posts indicate.

Nuff said.

I thought we had something special!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

JustMary wrote: »
    +1 for Karl (also from personal experience).

Chiros have some bad press re certain practice development practices that some adopt. (google it). Osteos have a lot more training, and generally a far more gentle approach.

+2 for Karl, he has really helped me (neck and upper back problems) and is a very sound guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

I went to a highly recommended physiotherapist for months and he diagnosed my back problem correctly but did SFA to fix it. Gave up on that and ended up in City Chiropractic and my back pain is all but gone now. Happy daze

Advertisement