Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home wi-fi network and wireless video signal sender

Options
  • 03-08-2010 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi folks

Before I start - I'm not the most technical so if you are able to explain a way around this then do please to put in in simple terms for me. ;-)

I have a wireless broadband network at home through UPC and it was working fine.

At the weekend I bought a wireless video sender with the purpose of sending the digital tv signal from the receiver to a second tv in the next room.

When I connected it my wireless broadband connection broke and would not re-connect until I turned off the video signal sender. I tried the signal sender on all of it's channels but still got nowhere.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I might resolve this?

Thanks

K

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Both the video sender and with wireless router are broadcasting on the 2.4 ghz range. You could try changing the channels on your router to see if that helps. Try not to have the two near each other. Failing that, you might need to change to a 5.8ghz sender, which are pricier.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Dub6Kevin

Thanks Mark

The video sender does indeed broadcast on 2.4ghz so that makes a great deal of sense.

I'll replace it with a sender on a different range.

You gotta love Boards!

Thanks again.

K

Advertisement