Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to CrapStones

Options
  • 03-08-2010 9:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭

Took a walk down through the Grove to the beach and cliff walk coming back via the Greystones end of the Walk.

Frankly, the whole area is disgusting.... apart from the obvious poor quality paths the place is littered with dog crap.

The stink is unbelieveable not to mention the flies everywhere..

And all the while, dog owners merrily smile and say Hi as their dogs take more craps and not a poop bag in sight.

God knows what tourists must think of Greystones as they come down the walk.

Also FYI to the well known local politician, if you are going to bring your Dog to the South Beach and let it crap before walking off without picking it up, you really shouldn't be going on East Coast Radio talking about cleaning up the beaches.

Rant over

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Took a walk down through the Grove to the beach and cliff walk coming back via the Greystones end of the Walk.

Frankly, the whole area is disgusting.... apart from the obvious poor quality paths the place is littered with dog crap.

And all the while, dog owners merrily smile and say Hi as their dogs take more craps and not a poop bag in sight.

Also FYI to the well known local politician, if you are going to bring your Dog to the South Beach and let it crap before walking off without picking it up, you really shouldn't be going on East Coast Radio talking about cleaning up the beaches.

Rant over

ooh come on who was the politician? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Rant over

I hope you get onto them directly regarding this. No point saying it here and not doing anything further about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

I don't know why I didn't say it to them, there and then, I guess I was so shocked.

But I will when I see him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

I don't know why I didn't say it to them, there and then, I guess I was so shocked.

But I will when I see him again.

I'd email their office, seeing as it is fresh in both your and their mind!

Really frustating to see people saying one thing about keeping the beaches clean and then not picking up after their dog!

Would love to see them get a fine from the Litter Warden over this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 41,066 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I agree - I would send the local politician an email as well

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Don't worry the tourists won't find that section. Twas I who stuck the signpost in the brambles, having found it in a ditch. But it will spin around when next the wind blows.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,066 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Maybe you should send the councillor an email to tell him that he can get free poop bags on 29th August

Greystones’ first Dog Awareness Day is this week being launched by the Mayor Cllr. Ciarán Hayden. Sunday 29th August will be a fun day for dogs at Burnaby Park. Activities include a novelty dog show, kids entertainment and a dog awareness demonstration. Dog poop bags will be provided free of charge to all dog owners. Perdy the Dalmatian will make an appearance to help out.

The idea behind this unique day is to remind dog owners of their responsibilities when exercising dogs in public places. It is envisaged that dog poop bags will be provided free of charge to the public in Greystones. They will be available from strategic locations throughout the town. The awareness day is a combined effort of Wicklow County Council, Greystones Town Council and Greystones Tidy Towns. Further information will follow shortly.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭fishfoodie

Rant over

Damn. It's true,they really are taking their share of the cutbacks.

No Civil Servant to clean up their sh1t after them anymore :rolleyes:

Advertisement