Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What makes a good chocolate bar?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Kiera wrote: »
    You're no more a city guy than i am a country girl :rolleyes:

Kiera there are five cities in Ireland...stop it now ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Kiera there are five cities in Ireland...stop it now ;)

Do not count Kilkenny as one please! "Waterford is a city so we have to be one too!!!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

kfallon wrote: »

kinda looks like that alright, but with white specks on top :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Banned Account

I couldn't be more of a city boy. Is your assumption based on the premise that only country people eat Tayto crisps? The crisp from Coolock. Really? Was that it? Or maybe it's cause of the milk...sure only country people drink milk
    Kiera wrote: »
    You're no more a city guy than i am a country girl :rolleyes:

HA HA! - rumbled - cheese and onion tayto's with coke, dairy milk with milk - have you much road frontage?

mojesius wrote: »
    Yeah, that was some chocolate bar. Do you remember a few years ago when they brought wispas back, then took them away again just as quickly? That was cruel. My friend went to a cash & carry and bought a box of them in case of emergency.

Not a fan of the wispa gold/mint phase. Or minature bars like the tiny dairy milks, you need about three of them otherwise you're just teasing yourself. I can't believe toblerone hasn't been mentioned :eek:

oh yes!! was in college, just starting then, and we were all in the college shop there and just looked at each other like :eek: and almost bought the shop out of them lol

oh and toblerone, love it! reminds me of xmas, easter or mothers day as i always got my mam one when i was small!

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    kinda looks like that alright, but with white specks on top :)

Going by your username are threads like this the only ones that you post on :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Cadbury's Secret.

So good, they had to take it off the shelves.

oh and toblerone, love it! reminds me of xmas, easter or mothers day as i always got my mam one when i was small!

It reminds me of kinky sex for gurlz what like food and bondage - those ridges are intense!!!

Going by your username are threads like this the only ones that you post on :D

heehee! :D well anything to do with candy, yes! lol or gals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Anyone tried a deep fried Mars Bar, have yet to sample the unique delights of one but hear they are lovely!

Yes I have and yes they are :) 7 heart attacks in one conveniently delicious package!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭mojesius

It reminds me of kinky sex for gurlz what like food and bondage - those ridges are intense!!!

The bigger the ridges, the better ;)

jokettle wrote: »
    Yes I have and yes they are :) 7 heart attacks in one conveniently delicious package!

Get a scoop of vanilla ice cream with that bad boy and you're all set.

heehee! :D well anything to do with candy, yes! lol or girls

You're into girls :eek:
    Tell me more :D

You're into girls :eek:
    Tell me more :D

lol :D

lol :D

Oh yeah, leave me hanging.....:(

I always liked the macaroon bars too as a cheap alternative when younger!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭JonB

I use to love Cadburys Dairy Milk with a packet of King Crisps as a kid. Great combo, Would prob puke now if I had it.

oh yeah, macaroon, goodie bag, and m&j magazine! woah that takes me way back! :)

JonB wrote: »
    I use to love Cadburys Dairy Milk with a packet of King Crisps as a kid. Great combo, Would prob puke now if I had it.

oh no, thats still delish tbh! :D
    same as popcorn & maltesers/minstrels! cinema isnt the cinema without it imho

JonB wrote: »

You just reminded me of those cadburys snaps that were out a while ago. Just like a box of chocolate pringles, yummy.

oh yeah, macaroon, goodie bag, and m&j magazine! woah that takes me way back! :)

Macaroon bar, packet of Frosties and a packet of Meanies crisps....30p 'all in' back in the day, couldn't go wrong!

You really are our resident sweet expert aren't you!

Now what the fook was 'M&J' magazine?

• Advertisement

Macaroon bar, packet of Frosties and a packet of Meanies crisps....30p 'all in' back in the day, couldn't go wrong!

You really are our resident sweet expert aren't you!

Now what the fook was 'M&J' magazine?

Mandy & Judy, they combined them to make it more competitive against 'Bunty':)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

mmmmmmmm I love any chocolate bar that would melt in my mouth! :p
    mmmmmmmm delicious!:o

Usual culprits mars bar, dairy milk, ferrero rocher, aero, galaxy - mistletoe/bubbles, boxes of roses/celebrations any chocolate I can get my hands on even the dark/white kind mainly milk chocolate ones though! Anything with nuts/carmel/truffle in them mmmmm! plain ones ultimately my favourite as they just can melt in my mouth!:cool:

nom nom nom I wants chocolate now....! :D

ps mars/cadburies/nestle usual brands....

lol yep pretty much!! :)
    Wow! yep exactly what M&J was, miss that :(, and Ellegirl :(
    would always get Dandy, Beano, M&J, and bunty, and still have money left from my pocket money! :eek:

would always get Dandy, Beano, M&J, and bunty, and still have money left from my pocket money! :eek:

You got way too much pocket money!!!
    So M&J was bascially a magazine for teenage girls with pictures of the current singing haerthrob or sporting dreamboat then???

Afternoon Snuggles!

I think I have all the annuals upstairs somewhere. i must have spent a fortune on them growing up.

Now back to chocolate... not a fan of revels, I don't like being surprised with a raisin.

mmmmmmmm I love any chocolate bar that would melt in my mouth! :p
    mmmmmmmm delicious!:o

Usual culprits mars bar, dairy milk, ferrero rocher, aero, galaxy - mistletoe/bubbles, boxes of roses/celebrations any chocolate I can get my hands on even the dark/white kind mainly milk chocolate ones though! Anything with nuts/carmel/truffle in them mmmmm! plain ones ultimately my favourite as they just can melt in my mouth!:cool:

nom nom nom I wants chocolate now....! :D

ps mars/cadburies/nestle usual brands....

Typing "I like all chocolate" would have been quicker :D

Typing "I like all chocolate" would have been quicker :D

yes I suppose it would have been...just got carried away!:o

yes I suppose it would have been...just got carried away!:o

Chocolate and sex are the only things that have this affect on people :D

So M&J was bascially a magazine for teenage girls with pictures of the current singing haerthrob or sporting dreamboat then???

Afternoon Snuggles!

In the latter years, yes. It was more cartoons for girls with speech bubbles to tell the stories, some of which were ongoing. All about growing up, harnessing your talents, finding true friendship, being confident. Boys were only a backdrop really.

Afternoon Snuggles!

lol not really lol, i got 5pounds till i was 15 or 16 i think, just goes to show how much better our money used to be lol

and in answer to your 2nd question, yes lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

bars that are just pure chocolate like wispas, twirls etc are for me. when you dip them in tea and then lick the melted chocolate, yummy!

lol not really lol, i got 5pounds till i was 15 or 16 i think, just goes to show how much better our money used to be lol

and in answer to your 2nd question, yes lol

I can see it, sitting there eating chocolate, giggling excitedly over the poster of New Kids On The Block with no tops on.....but that's enough about my youth :D:D:D

I think I have all the annuals upstairs somewhere. i must have spent a fortune on them growing up.

Now back to chocolate... not a fan of revels, I don't like being surprised with a raisin.

:eek::eek: really?! me too, but i moved a good bit when i was younger that i lost or sold or had to throw some out :( (sooooo regret that)

if your ever selling il buy your buntys or m&js off you! lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ElaElaElano

The cheap pralines that are shaped like shellfish that you get in Lidl. €2 or something for a box. How so cheap? For such deliciousness?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

What makes a good chocolate bar? Chocolate - or, to be specific, a high cocoa content. Typical milk chocolate is in the 20-30% range, dark chocolate in the 40-50% range, but that's not enough for me. Lindt 70% is a good place to start, they make an 85% bar too, but I'm determined to find their Excellence 99% bar somewhere. :eek:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

:eek::eek: really?! me too, but i moved a good bit when i was younger that i lost or sold or had to throw some out :( (sooooo regret that)

if your ever selling il buy your buntys or m&js off you! lol

I'll let you know - they're buried in the attic. My mam has Judy and Bunty annuals dating back to the 1960s.

I'll let you know - they're buried in the attic. My mam has Judy and Bunty annuals dating back to the 1960s.

:eek::eek: Wow! thats me sorted lol
    cool, well if you ever are anyway :)

btw just an off topic question, Would you know where to get any back issues of Ellegirl (the english edition)?

:eek::eek: Wow! thats me sorted lol
    cool, well if you ever are anyway :)

btw just an off topic question, Would you know where to get any back issues of Ellegirl (the english edition)?

Hmm...I'd imagine ebay, everything's on there. I didn't buy it, my weekly pocket money budget wouldn't stretch to cover that :)

• Advertisement

Afternoon Snuggles!

Well Good Afternoon Sir Fallon!

Well I was wondering when you'd bring that up! lol! :p

Willy Wonka must be a sex god.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Dairy Milk, Wispa or Twirl... I'm a plain old soul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Your favourite type of chocolate + your favourite filling* = a good chocolate bar.

* = filling is optional

Well Good Afternoon Sir Fallon!

Well I was wondering when you'd bring that up! lol! :p

You know me too well :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

bnt wrote: »
    What makes a good chocolate bar? Chocolate - or, to be specific, a high cocoa content. Typical milk chocolate is in the 20-30% range, dark chocolate in the 40-50% range, but that's not enough for me. Lindt 70% is a good place to start, they make an 85% bar too, but I'm determined to find their Excellence 99% bar somewhere. :eek:

It's rotten. Like biting into chcolate flavoured sand or something. I have 3/4 of a bar lying in my kitchen press for the last six months if you want it :D

• Advertisement

It's rotten. Like biting into chcolate flavoured sand or something. I have 3/4 of a bar lying in my kitchen press for the last six months if you want it :D

Are you sure you're not mixing Lindt up with "Lint" - we've already had this conversation Pickarooney - the two are not interchangeable.

I can see it, sitting there eating chocolate, giggling excitedly over the poster of New Kids On The Block with no tops on.....but that's enough about my youth :D:D:D

lol yep or leo dicaprio pics in Big time! :rolleyes:

lol yep or leo dicaprio pics in Big time! :rolleyes:

Cold shower time for Candy.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I like a bit of a challenge. Try eating the biscuit from a twix before eating the caramel and not getting chocolate and crumbs in your keyboard and all over your desk!

jester77 wrote: »
    I like a bit of a challenge. Try eating the biscuit from a twix before eating the caramel and not getting chocolate and crumbs in your keyboard and all over your desk!

I like the sound of that. Tell me, is it better to eat the sides off before dealing with the biscuit part?

• Advertisement
Advertisement