Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Old Can A Rocker Be

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭HellsAngel

TheSegal wrote: »
    I seen Motorhead play live this year and I must say, Lemmy can still rock his ass off at the age of 64!! I can still see him going for another few years aswell if he doesn't send himself flying off the stage with all the speakers around him when he's playin live!
    I'm 47 and still rocking !!!!! :eek: Yeah Lemmy can sure still blast it out. The man will keep at it until the grim reaper calls :D Been a
    Motörhead fan since they first appeared on Top of the Pops back when I was 16. Life changing moment !! I'd say one of the reasons I have remainded a rocker is because of my passion for motorbikes. Though I'm not in a bike club, most lads and lassies I know who ride bikes are into metal/hard rock, AC/DC, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors etc I think metal and bikes goes hand in hand, when your tearing along and the bike is screaming out songs like The Boys are Back in Town etc run through your mind.

Mind you I must say I don't do as much head banging at a gig anymore. Though I've kept myself fit all my life and still workout 3/4 times a week doing weight training, situps etc, I tend to just stay at the back taking it all in. Hope that doesn't make me a boring old fart :rolleyes: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Harrocks

Brian jonhson 63 and his vocals on black ice were even better than back n black in my personal opinion.18month + tour and 100% given every show .Age not a concern when rockers/metal artists can still perform to a high standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Harrocks wrote: »
    Brian jonhson 63 and his vocals on black ice were even better than back n black in my personal opinion.18month + tour and 100% given every show .Age not a concern when rockers/metal artists can still perform to a high standard.

I saw them near the end of the tour and he was struggling, though. I'd say he's glad it's over! :)

blastman wrote: »
    I saw them near the end of the tour and he was struggling, though. I'd say he's glad it's over! :)

Lets hope the new live album/dvd aint from the later part of the tour then lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Think it's from the gig in Buenos Aires, so we should be OK :)

• Advertisement

Nice one hope they put it out on blu ray aswell my speakers need a good workout :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

Joe Satriani is in his mid 50s and still the best axe man on the planet.
    He'll be rocking Vicar Street in a month or two.

Advertisement