Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland 50th in Broadband Table (Irish Examiner)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Nemi

I don't quite get this list. The full list is here.

Firstly, I'm a gobber. I here a lot about how our broadband is deficient. I don't quite follow what the precise issue is.

Just using this story as a jumping off point, I notice we're actually two places ahead of Singapore and ten places ahead of Israel. That's two countries sometimes held up as exemplars of what Ireland should be. Then you notice Moldova and Romania get into the top ten list, and frankly I wonder if those places really have better technical infrastructure than us. Maybe they do. I just wonder.

Do Singaporeans fret over being 52nd on this list? Do Israelis care about it? As a test, I googled "ireland 50th broadband" and came up with a load of stories on the same theme as the Irish Examiner. I googled "Israel 60th broadband" and came up with stories that had nothing to do with this topic.

So does this list matter at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

Feck, South Korea has the best rating. Glad i'm not living in Zambia

Advertisement