Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pipe Insulation Contractors

Options
  • 03-08-2010 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was thinking of getting an insulation contractor in to insulate all the copper pipes in my hot-press with the silver (rockwool) based insulation that you would see in the plantroom of an industrial site..

Has anyone here had this done? How much would it cost approx?

I reckon it would probably just take 1 guy 1/2 a day to do it.. I have seen these guys in action on sites and they can get through a lot of work in 1 day.

Thanks,

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

Mike2006 wrote: »
    Hi,

I was thinking of getting an insulation contractor in to insulate all the copper pipes in my hot-press with the silver (rockwool) based insulation that you would see in the plantroom of an industrial site..

Has anyone here had this done? How much would it cost approx?

I reckon it would probably just take 1 guy 1/2 a day to do it.. I have seen these guys in action on sites and they can get through a lot of work in 1 day.

Thanks,

Mike.

I'm not sure that foil clad rockwool would stand up to the physical knocks you might expect in a hotpress - in my plantrooms, we've it clad in aluminium or stainless steel.

What's wrong with the more usual (and robust) armaflex? You could do it yourself in a few hours for buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

Partially it is for aesthetics...

My plan now is to use armaflex and get foil tape and lag everything with the armaflex and foil tape as well to secure in place..

Mike.

Advertisement