Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chronic Sinusitis....Urgent surgery needed!

Options
  • 03-08-2010 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Is there any hospital or clinic where emergency surgery for a Chronic Sinusitis related medical condition can be gotten?

My friend has a massive blockage in her sinus that no anti biotic has been able to clear.

At the moment her life is intolerable due to the pain and stinging in her face.

She has made ENT appointments but they are weeks away.....she needs surgery ASAP to drain the sinus in order to relief the pressure in her head.

Anyone know of any route one can go down to get treatment immediately??

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

A&E? Or urgent GP referral?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭LisaO

Unfortunately, unless they have private medical insurance I would imagine they will go on the public list. Maybe their GP can advise on which hospital would be preferable. Also be aware that quickest may not be best. I had sinus surgery last year & my GP advised that although one hospital would be quicker he would prefer me to wait a little longer & travel further. Took his advice & was delighted. My sinuses are still 100% clear, 10 months later & I have colds, etc in the meantime.

Is your friend doing anything other than antibiotics to relieve the symptoms? May be useful to look at diet if not already done so - dairy can be main culprit & eliminating dairy from diet may help. Also rinsing/flushing sinuses was something I found of great benefit. There is a sinus rinse system that you can buy over the counter in most pharmacists, very simple to use. Will help to clear mucus & also reduce inflammation & swelling of membranes & polyps.

Advertisement