Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Survey

Options
  • 03-08-2010 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

Hi folks, i am currently doing a research paper on unaccounted for water* in Carlow and was wondering would the good people of Carlow take a few minutes to answer this survey. There is only 8 questions so it shouldn't take to long.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XW9RZDV

Many Thanks,
    DJ

*Unaccounted for water is the term used to describe the losses in the water distribution network, from leakage, illegal connections and metering errors.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Please contact the mods before posting research/survey type threads.

Thanks.

Topic Closed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

re-opened after discussions between O/P and mods

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

O/P. I don't know if you can edit the survey once you create it but you should check your spelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

done , but as Shayk1 says you need to check your spelling

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Dj

Thanks guys, trying to edit it at the moment but i don't want to reset the survey results so i might just leave it.

If any one has a query about the survey just send me a pm.

• Advertisement

patrickc wrote: »
    as Shayk1 says you need to check your spelling

Just done a bit of editing and it saves the changes without effecting the results, thanks again for pointing that out. I hope my tutor is not on this forum. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

Done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

i remember the last serious outbreak of cryptosporidium in the water supply in carlow and when the council examined the water courses they found numerous dead animals including the remains of a horse all in the public water supply, this was done a couple of years ago but i wonder was this visual check repeated more recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭flossie

done

• Advertisement

foggy_lad wrote: »
    i remember the last serious outbreak of cryptosporidium in the water supply in carlow and when the council examined the water courses they found numerous dead animals including the remains of a horse all in the public water supply, this was done a couple of years ago but i wonder was this visual check repeated more recently?

I know the council are working on making sure there isn't another cryptosporidium outbreak, so i would presume they are carrying out visual checks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

And the new treatment plant should be up and running well by now?

foggy_lad wrote: »
    And the new treatment plant should be up and running well by now?

Not sure about any new treatment plant but Sion Cross in Browneshill was upgraded last year. It along with Rathvilly serves all of Carlow Town.

Just like to say thanks to everyone who took the survey,

Q.3 What would you think is the current level of unaccounted for water in Carlow at the moment?

The latest figures I have at the moment is 47% but alot of work has been done since then. The Council were on target before Christmas, but the bad weather meant the figures for unaccounted for water increased gradually.

Q.5 How much water do you use everyday?

The average person uses approximately 150 litres per day

Advertisement