Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Lights show for Ireland tomorrow?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

Not looking good for me in Limerick, mostly cloud, if not all cloud actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

So where is the best place to view this, a short drive from Dublin? I'm guessing into the wicklow mountains so the light of Dublin is blocked somewhat by them? Or would the phoneix park be enough

Howth head would probably be good. Southside and City Centre lights will be behind you while looking North so it'd be pretty decent i reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Dubhghaillix

Galway seems abysmal for this. Clouds; Clouds everywhere!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

What time will it come? and how long does it last lol... whats the kb stuff people saying that we need to get 6 to see it and all what is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

Finally got clear skies in North Dublin so I went outside for a look. Nothing but black sky and no sign of the aurora :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nothing doing..cloudy now

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Andy454

Clouds clearing over leixlip, tempted to head out to howth for a few hours and see if anything is visible - I rekon it will have to be pitch black to see anything though -

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭SNAKEDOC

T sky's are clear over allenwood but no sign. will we see them this far south or what

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

Well doesn't look good for the next few hours according to this or this. Its clouded over here in the last hour (coast of cork) anyway.
    I think I'm going to give up astronomy and join this lot instead. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Andy454

I would imagine so - they seem to suggest it will be later on closer to sunrise before the aurora will be visible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Heres the cloud radar if you want to check where you live, it seems to be moving fast and (hopefully) breaking up

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/satpics/latest_uk_ir.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

According to Universe Today CME due in around 00.00 & 06.00GMT.
    Looks like the midnight arrival has been canceled :).

Heres the cloud radar if you want to check where you live, it seems to be moving fast and (hopefully) breaking up

After seeing that I'm off to bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

lord lucan wrote: »
    :(:(:(:( ****Slits wrists**** :(:(:(:(

We should be so Lucky!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Did anyone manage to catch a glimpse of this in Ireland?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

djhaxman wrote: »
    Just as long as yourself, ynotdu and Lord Lucan don't leave if the shuttles stop flying, we'll be ok!

Oops maybe I shouldn't have reminded the 3 of you of that ;)
    Here for the long haul:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭emo72

i saw the northern lights a few years ago in the carpark at lucan golf club. it was the nearest place to me with dark skies. just a heads-up for the lucan heads.

Advertisement