Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cordless Drill - What's the best value out there

• 03-08-2010 10:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

Quick question: Looking to get a decent 18V drill for some moderate work and was wondering if anyone knew of some deals on the DeWalt/Hitachi price range of drills? Any bargains out there this week?
    Willing to spend about 150, maybe higher with a push.
    (Dewalt DC720KA would be close to 200)
    I've a SDS for the heavy duty stuff. I had a Black and Decker Quatro that I was well impressed with until the batteries just died (after 5 years in fairness, but are expensive to replace). I went with the cheap Aldi 14V drill on the basis of use/abuse but the charge is gone after about 5 minutes (no messing).

Cheers ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,223 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I got this one in the UK at screwfix, when b&q were still looking for £198 for it,

B&Q seem to have dropped their price now,

it is the DC100KA.

Since then i have noticed this one in the UK which sells for a little more.

DC727C1

I know i have seen the first one on sale here in Ireland in B&Q for about €125 not sure if they still are now, usually when the deal is on in the UK the deal is on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Jokesetal

I got this one in the UK at screwfix, when b&q were still looking for £198 for it,

B&Q seem to have dropped their price now,

it is the DC100KA.

Since then i have noticed this one in the UK which sells for a little more.

DC727C1

I know i have seen the first one on sale here in Ireland in B&Q for about €125 not sure if they still are now, usually when the deal is on in the UK the deal is on here.

I saw this one in B&Q for €114 (reduced from €228 :rolleyes:) during the week and got it. Cheers for the suggestion :D

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Tomk1

I got the Dewalt drill back in the December sales, and now I'm thinking of getting another one just because I love it so much. At the time my brother got one and both drills have been well used and going strong, and he has gone through so many of those stupid cheap drills. Basically you won't find anything better and worth every € of the pre-sale price.

(I actually bought the Dewalt Polo Shirt there last week so if you see it??, I'm even thinking of getting their drill-bit-kit if I ever see them on sale, warning buying this drill will convert you to Dewaltism)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

De walt are good yes, but try to get one that has a battery rating of 2.0 AH or greater. Anything less usually runs down too fast.

Advertisement