Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Bill Pay: 17 cents deposit!

Options
  • 03-08-2010 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭

Yep, originally when I signed up with Meteor I was asked for a 50 euro deposit, I refused, went to another Meteor shop, and was asked for a 300 euro deposit:eek:, refused again, and wrote to credit control, and had it waived, so I signed up-no deposit.

Over the weekend, I added another bill pay no. to my account, assuming I wouldn't be asked for a deposit this time, but guess what, I was!

A deposit of 17 cents! Shows how retarded their credit control system is! I didn't pay it, but on my contract it show that I handed over a deposit of 17cents, which will be credited to my 6th bill:p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭RayCon

I was going to join last month but was asked for €100 deposit so I declined

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

it's a bit crazy that amount alright. keep an eye on your bills and make sure there's no other computer glitches (sounds like a glitch anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭BobPresto

I switched over from O2 2 days ago and I am in the process of trying to get onto meteor bill pay. Got a phone call on Wednesday asking for a €50 deposit I said no, so I went into carphone warehouse today and get quoted €300...

I have a fulltime job and good credit history and the bloke in carphone warehouse is looking at me as if I'm a bum!!!

What's the email address to credit control?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

lmao i dont get this :) im a student i could take out a phone while my bank account was saying im in a - in overdraft but people cant take out a contract without deposits ;) its funny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

This can happen if you were with Meteor before, your previous account needs to be cleared before they will sign you up again.

Could there of been a balance of 17c on your previous account ?

Its still stupid thoiugh, you should of refused to pay it!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭BobPresto

cojomo2 wrote: »
    A deposit of 17 cents! Shows how retarded their credit control system is! I didn't pay it, but on my contract it show that I handed over a deposit of 17cents, which will be credited to my 6th bill:p

And I've never been with Meteor before so where are they getting these deposit quotes from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 revie

sorry guys whats the deposit for, l'm on meteor bill pay and was never asked for a deposit when l signed my contract

• Registered Users Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭ablelocks

waitjustagoddamnminute :
    Over the weekend, I added another bill pay no. to my account,

i was told this couldn't be done. and could you have 2 different tarriffs on the same account?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

he probably means to his bank account

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭meathgal2010

ablelocks wrote: »
    waitjustagoddamnminute :

i was told this couldn't be done. and could you have 2 different tarriffs on the same account?

Yes you can . You can add other numbers to the one account which can also have different tarriffs. You need to be with them for a certain number of months but it can be done. It is called an addendum. Ie I could add my partners number to my account if I wish and pay the two of them .... but id be broke ha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Yes you can . You can add other numbers to the one account which can also have different tarriffs. You need to be with them for a certain number of months but it can be done. It is called an addendum. Ie I could add my partners number to my account if I wish and pay the two of them .... but id be broke ha

Done this with them a couple of years ago. It was a disaster when we left them as it got very complicated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I would have took great pleasure in sending them the 17 1c counts glued to a letter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Prabhu Deva

should have tried to haggle it down to 15 cents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I would have took great pleasure in sending them the 17 1c counts glued to a letter!
    It would be perfectly legal too. :)
    should have tried to haggle it down to 15 cents.

LOL! :D

Advertisement