Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landline no dialtone Lusk

Options
  • 03-08-2010 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭

My landline is not working in Lusk and has no dialtone, has anybody else the same problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

my internet acting up in rush. not sure if its related

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Martron wrote: »
    my internet acting up in rush. not sure if its related

dunno but I just got a call from a neighbour and his landline + broadband is also not working, I must call Eircom

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'm in Swords and I had the same problem a while back when they were upgrading the broadband in the area. It took about 24 hours to fix.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

There was an Eircom van and a man working at the box near the Top Shop a few days ago. Our phone line and broadband are fine.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

My broadband was down for a couple of days last week - when I checked (it was vodafone) they told me about the upgrade, and that they did not support my modem and advisde me to speak to the modem manufacturer - I switched back to my old modem (which did not work prior to the upgrade) and everything returned to normal - of course it would have been nice to have had some pre-warning about the possiblility of disruption, but this does not appear to be the way some of these "service:rolleyes:" providers work

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Mine was down last week and in fairness Eircom had me sorted fairly quick but now my phone is down. No dialtone.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

LeoB wrote: »
    now my phone is down. No dialtone.

Same here - it's a bit bizarre - we have broadband but no landline:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭gripcasey

I have the same problem in balbriggan.No dialtone but broadband working. Have services with imagine. ??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Beasty wrote: »
    Same here - it's a bit bizarre - we have broadband but no landline:confused:

Our broadband was working fine while the landline was down too.

• Advertisement

both my line and broadband are still down and no update from Eircom only the the problem will be fixed within two working days, my neighbours is still down also

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Blue_Nose9

I live in Lusk too and my landline and broadband are out too. I'm with Vodafone and they tell me the problem is with Eircom now. Does anyone have a definitive timeframe for when the issue will be resolved?

Thanks.

Blue_Nose9 wrote: »
    . Does anyone have a definitive timeframe for when the issue will be resolved?

Just called my wife and she said the Broadband + Phone are back working again :cool:

Thank God it was like the dark ages in the house while the internet was down

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Blue_Nose9

Great, thanks for that Auvers, I'll check mine when I get home :-). I wonder does it matter what service provider you're with? Maybe it's fixed for everyone.

Advertisement