Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build Advice on mobo

Options
  • 03-08-2010 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, after a while coming I decided to do a new computer build.

After a bit of thinking, I'm deciding to go with the i7 930 chip and a GeForce GTX 465 graphics card. The thing that is getting with me is the motherboard. I want a good reliable motherboard. I'm planning on getting Corsair Dominator 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600, Also planning on getting a VelociRaptor for my main HDD and having normal 1TB HDDs

I have been looking at the EVGA x58 Classified mobos. But they don't have USB3 and SATA 6Gb. SATA 6GB doesn't matter as much.

I would also need to buy a new Case to fit, so would welcome any suggestions for that. But overall would this be a good build or could I do better?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

i would change the gpu to a gtx 460 1 gig and as for the case i would buy a coolermaster HAF case as they have tons of space and will last you forever, cant really help with the processor mobo side of things as i dont know much about i7 builds

Advertisement