Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easkey, Standhill or Enniscrone?

Options
  • 03-08-2010 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm planning a surf trip for a gang of 10 or so on the weekend of 27/28/29th Aug. We're all relative beginners (been maybe 6/7 times).

Ideally we'd like to book a big self catering house or two and do our own thing. Any anyone advise which of the above is best for us?

(reason for those 3 is that they are closer to Dublin for the drive, we've been to Bundoran, Lahinch, Garretstown and tramore)

Other suggestions welcome...

Thanks,
    Willy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Strandhill or Enniscrone, Easky isn't suitable for beginners

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Enniscrone, it's got a night club or you can go into ballina, crockets is good

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭CRenegade

Strandhill has a nice atmosphere and the surf is right there, but if your looking for more of a nightlife then you could stay in Sligo Town and travel out to Strandhill for the surfing - only 10 min drive. Sligo Town is pretty lively.
    however, a bye-law at strandhill means that beginners have to go for lessons if they want to rent a board - could be worth checking before hand to make sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭yank_in_eire

Enniscrone - because I won't be there:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Enniscrone is good crack and easy to rent house's, but if you stay at the hostel in strandhill you can walk to the beach and the strand bar is pure class:D

Plus its a great place to meet yanks...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Enniscrone is fantastic beach for beginners. Apart from one thing that will be dealt in a separate thread later.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭WillyWonka

Cheers folks. I'll look into Enniscrone and see how I get on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

Strandhill was great last year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 paddy11

Hey can anybody advise me of Sligo night life for the weekend coming 3rd and 4th of sept, me and a few mates are heading there but dont know where is the place to be. We are going to the Velvet Room on the Sat night, but any Pubs to go to on the Fri that might be good craic?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭CRenegade

paddy11 wrote: »
    Hey can anybody advise me of Sligo night life for the weekend coming 3rd and 4th of sept, me and a few mates are heading there but dont know where is the place to be. We are going to the Velvet Room on the Sat night, but any Pubs to go to on the Fri that might be good craic?

Garavogue, McHughs and Fiddlers Creek are prob the best pubs to hit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement