Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New clipless pedals - most comfortable, easy to clip into, affordable, long lasting..

• 03-08-2010 11:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭

looking to maybe invest in a new set of clipless pedals for the road bike. currently using shimano clipless ones, not sure of model but cheap beginner ones. see look keo classic ones on adverts.ie and seem to get good reviews on wiggle bar the cleats wearing away very quickly.

any recommendations on what to get. 80euro max would be willing to splash out.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭C3PO

I put Look Keo Classics on my new roadbike recently (have always used SPDs on my mountain bikes and old road bike). Found them a bit strange at first especially the way they sit upside down when you are not cleated so that you have to kick them over before you can get into them! Led to a couple of awkward moments when the traffic lights turned green!! Having got used to them now I really like them - they feel more secure and solid than SPDs. Make sure that whatever you buy is compatible with your shoes or you'll have to change them too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭pprendeville

RPL1 wrote: »
    I put Look Keo Classics on my new roadbike recently (have always used SPDs on my mountain bikes and old road bike). Found them a bit strange at first especially the way they sit upside down when you are not cleated so that you have to kick them over before you can get into them! Led to a couple of awkward moments when the traffic lights turned green!! Having got used to them now I really like them - they feel more secure and solid than SPDs. Make sure that whatever you buy is compatible with your shoes or you'll have to change them too!

What are SPDs?

Well used to the way they go upsidedown. My Shimano ones can be awkward toget into. Had BBB ones before til my bike got robbed and just got these cheap Shimanos. Didn't like the way they pivot at the front instead of the back at first but have gotton used to it.

Yes, the Keo's cleats can fir my current shoes I believe but will double check.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Had a pair of Look delta's that lasted for donkeys... and I put then through all weather conditions. They're the hobnob of pedals in my book. I'd for for Look keo's now given the choice. I have shimano on my my two bikes just cos I matched the groupsets but in hindsight I should have gone for Looks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

I have the Look Keo Easys - bottom of the Keo range at about €50. I find them fine - comfortable and easy to clip into. They are probably not much of a step up from your Shimanos though so you might want to go for the Classics as they have adjustable tension etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Hungrycol wrote: »
    Had a pair of Look delta's that lasted for donkeys... and I put then through all weather conditions. They're the hobnob of pedals in my book.

No, Time RXS are the hobnobs. You stand on them, they crumble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

They also dissolve in a cup of tea.

Hobnobs are the marines of biscuits - Peter Kaye

It's Rich Tea you must be liking to the Time pedals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭pprendeville

doesn't look good for ye "cyclists" to know so many biscuit brands.:D

doesn't look good for ye "cyclists" to know so many biscuit brands.:D

:o

Advertisement