Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Devcon needed for bedding job

Options
  • 03-08-2010 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭

I am in the process of restocking my Browning A-bolt with one of the laminate stocks from Boyds.
    I am not going to pillar bed just bed the action. I only have the one stock to do and I don't need a whole lot of the putty.
    Anyone have a small amount of left over devcon that they would be willing to part with for a small fee?
    I don't think I need that much to bed the action in probably 100-150g should be plenty?
    If you can help me out rather than me buying a whole tub I would be grateful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

I have some here - just PM on your address and I'll get it off to ya. If I mix it up first it may weight less ;)

If you realy need a tub I know of 2 members here that may not use it and could be parted with it for little $$$$$$$$$$.

CJ I would say to put the pillars in while your going to all the trouble of bedding the rifle. And get/make up allen key head bolts for the action if not already in use. That way you will be able to tighten up the action bolts real tight without compressing the stock.

I made up 2 allen key head bolts for my Sako by putting a square head allen head bolt in my drill and grinding a counter-sunk face on the head using an Alid bench grinder 'cos I couldn't get any counter-sunk allen key heads of the correct type. I used a drill with the bold in as that will turn the bolt against the grinding wheel nad help keep it square

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

I had some until last week but I gave it away.

johngalway wrote: »
    I had some until last week but I gave it away.
    clivej wrote: »
    ........If you realy need a tub I know of 2 members here that may not use it and could be parted with it for little $$$$$$$$$$..................

Now I only know of 1 member that may have some..... :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Feidhlim Dignan

if theres any more of it around i like it, ill pay some few bob.
    hoping to do a job on a CZ 527 when i pick it up this week

CJhaughey wrote: »
    I am in the process of restocking my Browning A-bolt with one of the laminate stocks from Boyds.
    I am not going to pillar bed just bed the action. I only have the one stock to do and I don't need a whole lot of the putty.
    Anyone have a small amount of left over devcon that they would be willing to part with for a small fee?
    I don't think I need that much to bed the action in probably 100-150g should be plenty?
    If you can help me out rather than me buying a whole tub I would be grateful.

C J thats in the post for you now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Thanks Clive, Got it today.
    I owe ya one.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Thanks Clive, Got it today.
    I owe ya one.

Just get on with the job now and put some photo's up :) (that's more than I did :o)

ATB clive

Advertisement