Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best(Cheap) hotel to stay in Oct. in Donegal.

Options
  • 03-08-2010 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

[Hi all. I've always had a longing to go to Donegal for 4 or 5 nights stay. I can go early Oct.

can anyone advise me of a good but cheap place to stay to get a flavour of the County?

I'm from the South East.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭.17hmr

Godsentme wrote: »
    [Hi all. I've always had a longing to go to Donegal for 4 or 5 nights stay. I can go early Oct.

can anyone advise me of a good but cheap place to stay to get a flavour of the County?

You could always rent a house for the week ,not that there is any thing wrong with the hotels i personally couldnt afford them .;)enjoy your stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Would you be interested in Hostels, or B&Bs?

You know it can take two and a half hours to drive from the Northern top of Donegal to the Southern border, so is there any particular part of Donegal you're interested in?

Mountains, lakes, cliffs, forest parks, festivals, rural / urban areas, solitude, pubs, traditional music, fishing, wildlife - what's your interests?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

Mountains, lakes, cliffs, forest parks, Sea and music.

No , not nesseserally hotels. Some small town with a good bed as a base to explore the region.

thanks for your interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Are you traveling alone, own transport, age group, fit & healthy for hill walking, or prefer more sensible walks along a beach!

So much diversity up here, it all helps to narrow down some locations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

OP, what's "cheap"? My cheap may not be yours. What's your budget?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Godsentme wrote: »
    [

I don't get the inference. :confused: Now, if you'd said you are from Cavan.........

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

If you were flexable with you dates you could probably get a hotel for as cheap as a B&B.
    The Villa Rose in Ballybofey would be a good central location for Donegal and its also in the center of the town. Or the Silver Tassie in Letterkenny normally does good midweek package deals, its a bit outside letterkenny but its a quite location. Or An Chuirt Gweedore is a very nice hotel further out on the west cost of Donegal, it would be a nice base to visit the remote areas (:D) of Donegal.

Probably best to start phoning around for prices, DonegalDirect.ie has a list of all hotels, B&B, etc plus loads of info about places to see.

I don't get the inference. :confused: Now, if you'd said you are from Cavan.........

No inferrence at all- just opposite ends of the country.:) And I love the Donegal accent. Sexiest accent in ireland!

And if I was from Caven I wouldn't be saying it :rolleyes:!!

Thank to all posters above for your suggestions and stuff.

I have now booked a holiday home in Creechlough end of Sept and can't wait to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sarahd27

There are loads of special offers on all over donegal that you can take advantage of - try www.facebook.com/donegaldirect - travel information on the county including where to stay and special offers - alternatively www.donegaldirect.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement