Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cover for septic tank

• 03-08-2010 12:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭

I am currently reclaiming an area of ground that had been left wild for many years, I've spray it and cleared it of rocks, and will be planting it with lawn/grass seed.

One problem is that there are two old man hole/septic tank covers in the middle of the garden. They are very old concrete and I'd like to cover them up, both from an astetics and safety point of view. Obviously I will still need to be accessible in the event the tank gets blocked/full, so I'm wondering if anyone has any reccomendations and what I could put over them to keep them hidden from view yet accessible.

The existing covers are about 2.5ft x 5ft.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

I've dealt with this by putting a solider course of bricks in a circle around the cover, covering the surrounding soil in DPc and throwing a couple of barrows of stone in. Then stick a large pot over the cover and it looks quite well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

I am planning to hide our tank soon by putting some granite rocks around it and making a frame that will go around the 2 man hole covers. then I will fill in the space between the rocks and the frames with soil and plant some perennials etc in it. the space in the frames will then be filled with a box that will contain some plants but will have ropes attached to remove if needed.

I hope that helps or if anybody sees issues with my plans please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 billbee

I've dealt with this by putting a solider course of bricks in a circle around the cover, covering the surrounding soil in DPc and throwing a couple of barrows of stone in. Then stick a large pot over the cover and it looks quite well.
    Hi there billbee here i have the same problem with the tank covers i am reclaiming a garden that has been idle for years ironically in Skyrne, beside the church.How did your project work out ?and if possible would i be able to look at it. I would be very obliged i am sure we have crossed paths at some time perhaps at the tractor run or the recent swans v fox,s legends match at ross cross
    thanking you
    kind regards
    Billy

Advertisement