Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freezing chicken & broccoli bake

Options
  • 03-08-2010 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi,

Anyone able to give advice on freezing Avoca's chicken and broccoli bake? It's essentially cooked chicken in a cream (roux based) sauce with broccoli, topped with breadcrumbs. You then finish it in the oven.

I would have thought you could freeze it at the stage before you put in the oven and then after defrosting do the oven part.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

You could do as you suggest and it won't make you sick but I reckon the broccoli would come out rather soggy.

Green veg don't freeze very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭emaleth

You could do as you suggest and it won't make you sick but I reckon the broccoli would come out rather soggy.

Green veg don't freeze very well.

Too right. You could freeze the chicken in the sauce, defrost that, add in your broccoli and then do the breadcrumbs and into the oven.

It won't poison you to fling the whole lot in the freezer but it'll be that bit nicer if you add the broccoli fresh.

Advertisement