Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discover Sligo / Discovery Tours

Options
  • 03-08-2010 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

We were very disappointed with Discovery Tours as we had booked a morning tour of Yeats country with them for 10.30 am on the morning of the Leonard Cohen concert, we received no notification that our tour had been cancelled. We waited until 11am at Yeats Village and only for a third party getting in touch with Discovery Tours for us (We could not get through on the numbers provided) , we would have had no idea what happened with our tour. If we had at least got a phone call or text to let us know the tour was cancelled we could have made other plans for the day.

Also I had ordered a Discover Sligo magazine for 5 eoro which was to be posted to me before the concert, again I was disappointed not to receive my magazine by post prior to the event as promised. I did receive the magazine on arrival to Yeats Village accommodatoin but so did every other guest and their copy was free.

As for the priority bus service to Lisadell the 11 euro charge was over the top as we were only charged 2.50 euro one way by another bus company for the trip to Lisadell.

Overall Discovery Tours have provided an extremely bad service and I would advise anyone I hear of going to Sligo to stay well away from Discovery Tours.

Advertisement