Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AXA Schoolbooks Discount

Options
  • 03-08-2010 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

Hi All,

For all you boardsies with an AXA policy.....;)
    Just got an email from AXA Insurance with a link to their site for a discount code worth 7% off your order and free book covers with schoolbooks.ie.

The discount code is AXA818 and is readily displayed and available on the AXA site.
    1. Go to http://www.axa.ie
    2. Bottom of page under Customer Rewards click on the AXA PLUS link
    3. On left hand side click on AXA PLUS DISCOUNTS link
    4. There is a list of participating companies just click on schoolbooks.ie and the code is displayed.

Direct Link: http://www.axaplus.ie/schoolbooks_index.htm

T&C's do state that it is for AXA Members only, though no verification was asked for when I placed my order.

Note during the order stage click on the book cover option and when discount code is entered the price for book covers is updated to €0.00

Saved about €28 Euro including free covers which were on all the books when they arrived.

Hope this helps out on the back to school costs.

Cheers,
    Freebee23
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭Trampas

You get 10% off from Supervalu

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭freebee23

Trampas wrote: »
    You get 10% off from Supervalu

Yeah Trampas I agree 10% is better than 7% but you do not get your books covered free with Supervalu.

Was actually going to get the Supervalu discount but opted for the AXA one instead.

7% discount and free covers (worth 99 cent for each book) is a better saving imo, and the covers were on all the books when delivered.

Cheers,
    Freebee23

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭Trampas

A roll of brown paper and a bit of sellotape would do the job for a couple of euro i guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

NO! NOT SCHOOL! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭collegemum

Thanks for that:)
    Saved €7.5 on books and stationary and €12 on covering

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Trampas wrote: »
    A roll of brown paper and a bit of sellotape would do the job for a couple of euro i guess

Or the leftover wallpaper ;)

Do people still use wallpaper to cover books? Or were my parents just abnormally cruel to send me to school with my books like that? Mind you that was the 80's :D Guess kids these days are too cool for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

They even applied the discount for us after we had just completed the transaction and hadn't used the code, just give them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭pinkieschick

thanks for that just saved myself a small fortune yippee:)

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

calex71 wrote: »

Do people still use wallpaper to cover books? Or were my parents just abnormally cruel to send me to school with my books like that? Mind you that was the 80's :D Guess kids these days are too cool for that.

Guy in my primary school had books covered with paper wrapping from sliced pan of bread.

God bless the 80's poverty!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TM

calex71 wrote: »

Do people still use wallpaper to cover books? Or were my parents just abnormally cruel to send me to school with my books like that? Mind you that was the 80's :D
    You mean you parents did the covering for you? You were spoiled! I had to do it myself! :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement