Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Change of Ownership-wrong reg

• 03-08-2010 12:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭

Hi. I just got an 04 bike and the change of ownership has the wrong reg on it.

I think it's just a typo as two of the numbers are switched. The dealer wrote the same number on the receipt, so I think it's his end. But he's telling me to contact the dept of transport. I tried, but it's ringing out.

So, I'm trying the boards while I wait for someone in the dept to stop contemplating their naval. Appreciate any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Having had direct experience of change of ownership (or lack of it in my case), I think this system badly needs to be reformed. It's too easy to get stuck in limbo, as in your case. I wish you luck !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭KenH

I got it sorted. Apparently the dealer had mixed up two digits on the reg plate. D'oh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭_Conrad_

KenH wrote: »
    I got it sorted. Apparently the dealer had mixed up two digits on the reg plate. D'oh!

happeded to me by accident recently with a car, i took it over from an uncle, but the eejit of a mechanic who used to work on it got the rear plate made up wrong, so instead of 2459 it said 2495, and the form accidentlayy got flled in using the reg on the rear plate, sorted now though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭EGOSHEA

_Conrad_ wrote: »
    happeded to me by accident recently with a car, i took it over from an uncle, but the eejit of a mechanic who used to work on it got the rear plate made up wrong, so instead of 2459 it said 2495, and the form accidentlayy got flled in using the reg on the rear plate, sorted now though
    How could anyone make such a silly mistake? :p (sorry!)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 crusifixio2000

KenH wrote: »

How did you get it sorted?..what process did you went through?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭KenH

I got on to the dealer. He had made up the plate himself....to have his name on it. He sent me out the correct one in the post.

Advertisement