Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Venue for going away party

Options
  • 03-08-2010 12:51pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As the title says:
    I'm leaving to go travelling and I'm hoping to have a going away party with 30-50 people somewhere in Dublin city centre on a Saturday night.
    Ideally I would like somewhere that we can reserve an area and if possible with a dancing area.

Thankls guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 HenrikL

Two suggestions for you - Howl at The Moon or Samsara. You can reserve an upstairs area in Samsara but i aint sure about dancing. There is also that boat moored permanently in the docks. Great spot for a party too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

I was also going to suggest Howl at the Moon as it is always busy. Samsara can be a little touch and go so could be busy or you could be the only people in there. You could also try Cafe Insane although it can get really jammed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Daisies wrote: »
    As the title says:
    I'm leaving to go travelling and I'm hoping to have a going away party with 30-50 people somewhere in Dublin city centre on a Saturday night.
    Ideally I would like somewhere that we can reserve an area and if possible with a dancing area.

Thankls guys

downstairs in Toners on Baggot St is reservable and you can hook up your own music to their sound system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

downstairs in Toners on Baggot St is reservable and you can hook up your own music to their sound system.

There is an upstairs too. Really nice and doesn't cost much at all IIRC. Lovely little area. I always prefer to split a few quid between the group to get a space so you don't annoy regular punters by reserving tables in their pub.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Thanks for the suggestions guys. What do ye think of Bia Bar? What's the crowd like on a Sat night? Was at a going away party there before

• Advertisement
Advertisement