Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sofa Reupholstering

• 03-08-2010 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    Moved into a new house recently and the previous tenants destroyed two seats on the sofa. The leather is all cracked and chipped and the stuffing is visible. The landlord refuses to have them replaced, grrr ive tried everything but im always met with excuses :(. I have a nine month old who is into everything at the mo, and i have to keep throws on the couch so shes not picking at the foam. :rolleyes:
    I was just wondering if anybody knew of a cheap place in waterford that would reupholster the two cushions.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

Powers in Railway Square 051 870044

Colcloughs in Five Alley Lane (Ballybricken)051 874148

Jacob Edward, Newtown, Passage East 051 382535

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

Might be cheaper getting a 2nd hand sofa off Gumtree
    http://www.gumtree.ie

For example, here is link to a 2 seater for 50 yoyos.
    http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/25/62207925.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭JackM_79

I got a sofa and 2 chairs reupholstered by the lads in railway square recently. Have to say they done an excellent job albeit a bit expensive. Was around €800 but that included the material and they had to do a little bit of a repair job on some springs and a couple of legs. It does look like a new set of furniture now though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

JackM_79 wrote: »
    I got a sofa and 2 chairs reupholstered by the lads in railway square recently. Have to say they done an excellent job albeit a bit expensive. Was around €800 but that included the material and they had to do a little bit of a repair job on some springs and a couple of legs. It does look like a new set of furniture now though.

so it would have been cheaper to get a new couch then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭JackM_79

kryogen wrote: »
    so it would have been cheaper to get a new couch then?

Not too many places around Waterford that you would get a new good quality 3 piece suite for €800. If you know of any let me know because i'm on the look out for another 3 piece for the other sitting room.

• Advertisement
Advertisement