Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xperia X10 Mini

Options
  • 03-08-2010 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I recently switched over to 3 network to get this phone, thinking I was getting a great deal with the phone price (229 on prepay) and the tariff on 3pay.

I have realised now the mistake I've made. The battery life on the phone is brutal - I can't use the radio for 10 mins before the battery loses about a quarter battery. If I want to use the phone to it's full potential (which is why I got the bloody thing) I'd need to bring my charger with me everywhere I go - in case it dies on me.

Not only that, but people can never get through to me on calls, the network is awful, sometimes the phone signal is non existent and when it is, I just get Voicemail notifications because people call and it's as though I have no reception - it gets diverted to voicemail.

I am livid, because I could have stayed with meteor, and gotten a better phone, (albeit for more money) or switched to 02 even, to have a better deal.

Customer care are no help, telling me to turn off the phone in order to charge it (it switches itself on when I plug the charger into it!) I just feel that I've been given a bum deal - and 3 haven't lived up to their part of the bargain!

What can I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I purchased it on the 19th June.

Made a complaint to the customer service before 28 days were up - they said I should try this charging option - didn't help.
    Rang again - said I should bring it into a store to test the battery (battery is inbuilt so noone in the store could take it out and test it) I told customer service this - they didn't even know that! Do they not receive training on the items they are providing support for?
    Then said to leave it into phonefixers or whatever they're called and they would fix it because it's under warranty - never mind that I'd have NO phone for the time I'd be waiting for a repair. It's quite a joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I was only telling people yesterday how much my battery has improved this week. I've had the phone just over three weeks and initially had to charge it every night. Yesterday I charged it for the first time in three days and that was with at leastthree hours browsing few hours radio and a ton of texts. It does sound like you've a dud. My only problem with three is the constant message alerts warning me about my data allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

That is wrecking my head too - I rang them about that at the weekend, after buying another add on because I thought I had no data left, to find out I have 2 add on's in a queue now because they are telling me my data is low. Joke!

Advertisement