Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie advice required!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

snaps wrote: »
    The HD receivers will have HDMI, cheaper SD models wont.

http://www.satsklep.pl/index.php?s=produkt&id_prod=1081&id_kat=279&id_typu=0

Thanks snaps! Think I might order from them as I'm in no real rush now (still gathering some bits for the DIY install).

However.

I received my Al Jazeera Sports card from techdigital yesterday. The card was orange, not blue.

I emailed someone at techdigital who told me that the new Viaccess cards have gone back to orange again.

I must admit, it's different to the orange card advertised on their website but I just wonder why change back from blue all of a sudden?

Is this legit or have I been fed fibs?

Just wondered if this is a decent receiver and if the CAS handles Viaccess?

http://www.techdigital.co.uk/products/Manhattan-Plaza-XT%252dM-Digital-Satellite-Receiver.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 305 ✭✭reaper180

another newbie here, just wondering as i have got an edision combo sat and dtt stb,is there any way of getting the most from the sat side of things as in sports , football mainly cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

reaper180 wrote: »
    another newbie here, just wondering as i have got an edision combo sat and dtt stb,is there any way of getting the most from the sat side of things as in sports , football mainly cheers

What dish setup do you have, as the edision is ok for most things.

thanks for reply, just set up on 28 e for the bbcs,,itvs all the free to air,,, but was thinking of connecting a second dish to receve any satellite that will receive english well all football, looking at box just trying to see wat id need like. theres 2 ci slots and another one i think its for a cam, thanks from another mayo man

• Advertisement

thanks for reply, just set up on 28 e for the bbcs,,itvs all the free to air,,, but was thinking of connecting a second dish to receve any satellite that will receive english well all football, looking at box just trying to see wat id need like. theres 2 ci slots and another one i think its for a cam, thanks from another mayo man

Yes the Edison can handle that, Ive actually got a fixed dish on 28 east, fixed dish on 30 west and a motorised dish as well setup via a diseqc switch!

Motor on port 1
    28 east dish on port 2
    30 west dish on port 3

Im currently watching Al Jazeera sports on 13 east via the motorised dish (Liverpool match, In English as well)

Yes the Edison can handle that, Ive actually got a fixed dish on 28 east, fixed dish on 30 west and a motorised dish as well setup via a diseqc switch!

Motor on port 1
    28 east dish on port 2
    30 west dish on port 3

Im currently watching Al Jazeera sports on 13 east via the motorised dish (Liverpool match, In English as well)

would i need to buy a cam along with a viewing card for al jazeera or what would you advise for mostly sports,may even put up a motorised dish if i needed but just want to keep costs down for time been

just a viewing card. The great thing about the edision it has 2 card slots.

You may need to update the software to a 3rd party one. (Im using ILTV firmware).

You could have a multi lnb setup/separate dishes or a motorised dish. Ive 3 dishes up, 1*75cm, 1*60cm and 1*1.1m

i take it the 1.1m is the motorised one,will i be able to get al jazeerasport on a 80cm or wat are you picking up on 30 w,

Yes mate your correct the 1.1 is on the motor. Not much free on 30 west at the moment but ive the fixed dishes on those positions to save the motor turning so far east and west. An 80cm is ideal for Al Jazeera, even a 60cm would suffice (just) in the South East of the country.

• Advertisement

thanks may get back to you when i need a bit of help setting up if thats ok ,,im in mayo too so an 80cm dish would be needed,, just want a fix to get football and normal fta on 28e for herself

If you have an aerial as well, you'll get the Irish DTT as well (Rte1, 2, tg4) IN digital.

ya have an aerial installed in attic receiving the irish dtt channels it was one of the reasons i got the edision, but after been on the net just trying to get the most of this box zas in different satellites, dont know alot about cams and the ci slots on the box but its a bonus if i can get other channels on different sats

just a viewing card. The great thing about the edision it has 2 card slots.

You may need to update the software to a 3rd party one. (Im using ILTV firmware).

You could have a multi lnb setup/separate dishes or a motorised dish. Ive 3 dishes up, 1*75cm, 1*60cm and 1*1.1m
    hi snaps was looking for that firmware but when i googled it just got a lot of german and foreign sites and the 1 or 2 english sites woudnt let me download it,and does this have to be put on the edision with a usb stick or can you do it with a null cable

you can do it with both, usb stick and null modem. German sites is where you will get it, you will need to register. Use google chrome to view.

http://www.sat-ulc.eu/index.php?threadid=441632

ILTV argus mini V1.1.54 UPD5 [/COLOR][/SIZE]
    is that one ok sorry for all the questions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

watty wrote: »
    cant seem to find what i need just yet,was trying to get things sorted before new dish arrives,,,,
    @ watty
    did i post to much info in my above post ,,if so ive edited it

Im currently using the ILTV 1.170 GR. Only thing is when you start up the software after its downloaded into the receiver it may be in Greek, so you need to know how to navigate in the menu's to change back to English!

thanks snaps,, have the firmware now,,i can see how to transfer fw by usb but at the moment i dont have usb stick ,,how do you transfer files via a null modem or will i get a usb stick during the week

• Advertisement

You can update with a null modem yes, i havent done so yet but i i know you can, perhaps check out the soartv forum, where you may get the loader too.

was on there cant see how to do it via null cable...do you need a loader when doing via usb?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

Get a USB key, it much easier. USB Keys can be bought for under a fiver..

No loader just updated via menu

cheers downloaded firmware,,, now in the process of getting al jazeerasports card,,,reading earlier posts has the pq improved and which card will work in the edision mini ,, irdeto or the viaccess,,, any recommenations on suppliers,i have googled and got a lot but suppliers but just want to be aware of dodgy suppliers,

I bought this from this outfit:

http://www.techdigital.co.uk/products/Al-Jazeera-Sports-Viewing-Card-12-Month-New-Channels-with-Champions-League-%28Hotbird%29-Viaccess.html

I also bought my Viaccess CAM from them via their eBay account (which worked out a couple of € cheaper) and both the CAM and card were delivered very quickly and using registered signed-for services.

I'm happy out with them, they seem reasonable on price and service so I'll likely renew my card with them next year (they offer a renewal service too).

Side note: I'm not affiliated with them, just giving you an honest opinion from one newbie to another. :)

edit: The PQ is great and so is the sound. Although sometimes some broadcasts come up in Arabic on the English stream and English on the Arabic stream so you might need to fiddle with those when you change channels. Of course sometimes it's also purely in Arabic but you can always hit mute and find a radio stream online or elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Pyongyang wrote: »

I can't recommend them more. I ordered from them and had my viewing card within 3 days.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I can't recommend them more. I ordered from them and had my viewing card within 3 days.
    ok thanks will go for them,, do you know which card ill need irdeto or viaccess or can the mini argus read both these cards with 3rd party firmware

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

ok thanks will go for them,, do you know which card ill need irdeto or viaccess or can the mini argus read both these cards with 3rd party firmware

I have no idea on that I'm afraid. I use a different receiver.

no problem thanks anyway,,,maybe snaps or slegs will be on later as they have this receiver

• Advertisement

From research I discovered that receiver does have 3rd party firmware available to it. Also this should help you I think:

http://www.edision-berlin.de/CI-Module/Viaccess-CI-Modul_85.html

Advertisement