Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPad format for 24/7 mag?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

Takes me back to the multimedia cd-rom craze of the 90's :D

Same thing, a mix of text, photographs, audio, and video which the user can browse in different ways. I wonder if it's the first multimedia production availing of the multi-touch interface though, there must be some flash on android examples...

Being locked into a single proprietary device I'd guess is more a pr gimmick than strategic direction. Universal support for HTML5 with scriptable canvas elements and the google-supported WebM a/v container would make a nice open future...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Issuu are developing an iPhone app at the moment so hopefully if/when there is another 24/7 magazine the app will of been released :)

Edit: When we're able to download the magazine from issuu you can sink it to your device( if it's downloaded as a PDF ) using iTunes, You need the latest version of iTunes and the latest version of iBooks on your device though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

democrates wrote: »
    Takes me back to the multimedia cd-rom craze of the 90's :D

Same thing, a mix of text, photographs, audio, and video which the user can browse in different ways. I wonder if it's the first multimedia production availing of the multi-touch interface though, there must be some flash on android examples...

Being locked into a single proprietary device I'd guess is more a pr gimmick than strategic direction. Universal support for HTML5 with scriptable canvas elements and the google-supported WebM a/v container would make a nice open future...

I don't think it's practical to try and get a iPad specific app for a 25hr magazine, as it can take weeks for Apple to put em in the App Store, so a HTML5 + canvas web-based solution would be better, but a good one would really be stretching it in 24hrs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

I don't think it's practical to try and get a iPad specific app for a 25hr magazine, as it can take weeks for Apple to put em in the App Store, so a HTML5 + canvas web-based solution would be better, but a good one would really be stretching it in 24hrs
    Yeah the time element is a big issue for sure, there's so much to pull together.

A great example of the problem is all the flash-based websites that are out of date, they got the wow factor at launch but updates are time-consuming and priced accordingly. We may get multimedia based on open standards but people will still use it in the wrong place...

Advertisement