Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Transformers MMO Announced :(

Options
  • 03-08-2010 1:57pm

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/transformers-mmo-dragonweb-mmorpg-game,10994.html

The Transformers franchise is one that was integral to my childhood, and I'm sure that I'm not alone. What a dream it would be, then, to have a Transformers-based MMO where you got to design your own robot and what it transforms into, as well as PvP opportunities for Autobots vs. Decepticons.

Those in Asia, Russia and the Middle East get to realize such dreams as NetDragon Websoft, an online game developer in China, today announced that it has entered a brand licensing agreement with Hasbro to make Transformers Online.

“NetDragon’s proven expertise at creating hugely successful MMOG’s, coupled with the passion they share for the iconic TRANSFORMERS brand, means we are thrilled to be entering into this license with them to deliver a truly ground-breaking MMO to fans in China and selected markets in Asia and Russia/CIS,” said Mark Blecher, General Manager and Senior Vice President of Digital Media & Gaming at Hasbro.

Transformers Online is expected to officially (transform and) roll-out in 2011 in China as well as other select markets in Asia, Middle East, North Africa and Russia/CIS.

Sadly for those of us in the western world, we're just going to have to live on without any official MMO. Mind you, the license by NetDragon just covers those specific territories, so that means that another game developer can pick up the rights for the rest of the world.

This is also a good sign, showing that Hasbro is already open to the idea of a Transformers MMO.

Shame really. Just wondering if it would be possible to log in from here .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Guess it depends on which style they go for. The updated G1-ish look of the bots in War for Cybertron would be a great starting point imo.

Advertisement