Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Teenage girls

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

star-pants wrote: »
    Depends on what ages you're looking at.
    As said 17 & 19 isn't too bad in my book.
    But say 13 & 15/16 is a different age gap

It's all relative, the younger years, each year is a different 'gap', once you get past the 20mark, the years have a lesser 'gap'.
    So someone who's 24 going out with someone who is 32 might be a little odd to some, but it's perfectly fine.
    Someone who's 24 going out with someone who is 16 is wrong.
    Both 8 years each way, but a massive difference.

Its all about Fractions!!!

If you are a year old, 50% of your life is 6 months. At 16 years old, if you look 50% back in your life you were 8 years old. At 24 if you look at 50 % back in your life you were 12. At 50, 50% back in your life is 25 years old. Its just an example.

But has you get older, the fractions to how long you have been living on this earth get smaller and thats why older people can make more choices as to age gap. Its also why the age gap on maturity of 25 and 35 year olds is not as great as say 25 and 15. It might be still just a 10 year age gap. But if you break it down to fractions of how long you lived on the planet rather then just a down right 10 years!!! So whereas the 15 year old has been alive for 100% of their life, that is 60% of the 25 year olds life and 42% of the 35 year olds life (or something like that).

You cant just say its 10 years...its not, you have to break it down to the fractions of how long each person has lived!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I could understand it if the guys didn't know the girls were 16, its really hard to tell sometimes. But jayzus, I think the best thing to do is think about if she was your sister, would you be comfortable with her being with a guy that much older?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    I could understand it if the guys didn't know the girls were 16, its really hard to tell sometimes. But jayzus, I think the best thing to do is think about if she was your sister, would you be comfortable with her being with a guy that much older?

If you dont have any type of conversation with them then the illusion can last but seriously,2 minutes talking to a 16/17 year old that looks like a 21/22 year old,you will realise that she is only a child.Usually anyway.

nedtheshed wrote: »
    If you dont have any type of conversation with them then the illusion can last but seriously,2 minutes talking to a 16/17 year old that looks like a 21/22 year old,you will realise that she is only a child.Usually anyway.
    Good point. Not have much experience with this myself(Im 19) but just from seeing girls in nightclubs who I know to be 15/16 I would find it difficult to tell their age if I did not already know it.

Seriously, did the guys in the OP like gatecrash a 16th bday party or something? Why would a bunch of twenty somethings even be at a party with people that age.

Ive met girls out that wernt even born or would have been in utero when I had my first pint.Now thats depressing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Why is this even a gentleman's club issue? Its obvious the vast majority of men reject the notion it is ok to get with a 16 year old at 24

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Id personally say its wrong. Me and my mates have had this discussion too and they've been of the same opinion. 16 is a bit too young.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Leelaa22

question, most guys here say it is wrong. but dont most guys check out girls that age in their uniforms and all that? So its not like guys arent interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Leelaa22 wrote: »
    question, most guys here say it is wrong. but dont most guys check out girls that age in their uniforms and all that? So its not like guys arent interested
    Yeah thats true also. Most men in here who say otherwise are lying. But theres an innocence about girls that age that just turns me right off. I rather milfs anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭I am a friend

It has shocked me that they deliberately go for 16 year old girls... All I can say is that they must be seriously stuck for a ride (pardon the expression) if they need to resort (knowingly) to people more vulnerable than them... Would they draw the line on a girl with special needs who was say 21, just because she was up for it (or didnt understand the repercussions) ???? Its the same principle - preying on the vulnerable. Disgusting.

There will be some craic when one of the big lads gets some young one pregnant... They wont be so clever then...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

It has shocked me that they deliberately go for 16 year old girls... All I can say is that they must be seriously stuck for a ride (pardon the expression) if they need to resort (knowingly) to people more vulnerable than them... Would they draw the line on a girl with special needs who was say 21, just because she was up for it (or didnt understand the repercussions) ???? Its the same principle - preying on the vulnerable. Disgusting.

There will be some craic when one of the big lads gets some young one pregnant... They wont be so clever then...

Yeah and if you ever watched the TV Series "Underage and Pregnant"...most of the 15 and 16 year old mums said that they just couldnt be bothered to use contraception. And alot got pregnant the 1st time they had sex. Thinking that the "father" would stick around and in majority of cases they didnt as it was just a ONS...obviously the poor 16 year old was too naive.

Why is this even a gentleman's club issue? Its obvious the vast majority of men reject the notion it is ok to get with a 16 year old at 24

Opinions were sought as to the general consensus of men on the issue of younger girls.

I do agree that it has all but run out of steam and its just repeating what has already been said,Im going to leave it open for another 24 hours or so but Id reckon its pretty much done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Goduznt Xzst

We are a gulf away now as a society from the thoughtcrime that was preached by the Church. A person cannot be held accountable for merely thinking something.

I can be attracted to the physical body of a woman but repulsed by the idea of being with a person with a mind that immature. Would I want a woman my age to have the body of a 16 to 18 year old? Yeah.

But I'm utterly repulsed by the idea of a man my age sleeping with a girl with the mind of a 16 year old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

FWIW the schoolgirl fetish creeps me the hell out. I didn't even like Britney Spears in that music video where she was dressed as a schoolgirl. I dunno, something weird about dressing perfectly good poon-tang as jailbait.

no. school uniforms don't actually look like the ones you see on halloween night.

Furthermore schoolgirls can be 18/19 too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Leelaa22

no. school uniforms don't actually look like the ones you see on halloween night.

Furthermore schoolgirls can be 18/19 too.

I know they dont look like the uniforms on Halloween, which makes it more obvious the guy is checking out the girl and not the uniform!
    Yes they can be 18 (Ive never known any 19 year old school girls.)
    But they are also 15 and - 17 and with only couple of years in the difference how can a guy what age the girl is when looking her up and down.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

As a 19yo female, I'll give my 2c on this debate with a few personal stories...

When myself and my (then) best friend were about 14/15, she was seeing a guy who was 23. From what she said, they were ridin' each other all the time, and she didn't see a problem with him being so much older (I think anyone will agree it's a huge gap at that age). I was weirded out by it, but I never had a proper conversation with her about it, and I regret that to this day. I was a crap friend.

When I was 16/17 I was seeing a guy who was 18/19 for almost a year. It was no issue at all age-wise. However after I turned 17 he was definitely more vocal about wanting sex. I never did feel quite comfortable in myself to go for it, and if I'd stayed with him longer I might have just done it anyway regardless of the fact I wasn't ready. Don't get me wrong - he was a nice guy, but I would have lied and said I was ready when in fact I would have been petrified and extremely uncomfortable.

I don't tend to like many guys around my own age in a romantic/sexual way, as most I've met tend to be really immature or idiots (maybe it's just the ones I know). Pretty much everyone I've been interested in was at least 1 year older, most 2 or 3. Anyone older than that I feel like a child next to, and that just doesn't sit well with me (I like a level playing field :P). It would almost be like I had something to prove... :/

I can kind of see why a 16 year old would want to get with a 24 year old. I don't, however, see why the 24 year old would reciprocate. The fact that they were even at the same house party doesn't sit well with me. Your mates sound like scum tbh.

EDIT: Just to add... I'm in 2nd year of college. Since I started, I've changed a lot. Between 16 and 18 I also changed a lot. I look back on my 16 year old self and don't recognise her (at the worldly age of 19 :pac:). Chances are I'll be quite different by the time I'm 25 too. I think that's why I see a big problem with an 8 year age gap in that bracket. I think once people are in their mid 20s, age doesn't matter a whit anymore when hooking up with older people.

When myself and my (then) best friend were about 14/15, she was seeing a guy who was 23.

Jesus Christ!

I know they dont look like the uniforms on Halloween, which makes it more obvious the guy is checking out the girl and not the uniform!
    Yes they can be 18 (Ive never known any 19 year old school girls.)
    But they are also 15 and - 17 and with only couple of years in the difference how can a guy what age the girl is when looking her up and down.

You don't seem to have any understanding of how a man ''checks out'' a woman. I don't have any understanding of how a woman checks out a man so I don't make sensationalist comments about it.

A guy will pretty much ''check out'' any girl who crosses his path. There is a huge difference between casually glancing at a girl in any type of clothing or uniform and knowingly getting with a 16 year old at a party.

There is no special status for girls in real school uniforms, though it is difficult to blame you for coming to that conclusion when you watch the likes of britney spears videos.

It is worth noting the kind of costumes she wears in videos have as much in common with a school girl uniform as a female bank manager's uniform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭I am a friend

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    Jesus Christ!

Icky....

• Advertisement

Ya I think this has run its course and nothing new is being brought to the argument..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement