Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moaning and Sad Stories: The Drugs of choice for the Irish?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,340 ✭✭✭mojesius

What I love the most about Jeremy Kyle is when someone from the audience pipes up with an opinion like 'I think what you done is 'orrible, shágging your wife's sister' and then they all cheer wildly like the person's just made some fascinating, well thought out point.

or when Jeremy goes on one of his many self-proclaiming rants about how HE pays maintenance and drives up and down the coutry every week to see his kids. He goes nuts when someone on stage mentions his gambling problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

aDeener wrote: »
    i can't believe i'm going to say this but the joe duffy show can actually be quite useful for showing up genuine wrongdoing that otherwise would have went unnoticed. it can really show up bad practice by the likes companies but obviously many callers ring in with pathetic "grievances" and ruin what is otherwise a decent concept

I seem to remember being vaguely impressed with Duffys crusade against some scam artist running a fake modelling agency a few years back come to think of it.

edit: and then feeling any respect I had for him diminsh hugely when he led the busybodies and aul ones on a tabloidish crusade against the head shops...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

DrumSteve wrote: »
    The Irony...

A typo, how ironic... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Jeremy Kyle thought Straw Bear could win a Champion Hurdle....that's a prettty serious gambling problem tbh :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Daisy Steiner

I think it's safe to say that the reason Jeremy Kyle is on during the day when most people are at work or in education is precisely because what is left at home is the minority demographic they are aiming at. If JK had a prime time slot and huge viewing figures, you'd have a point.

Please tell me you mean "those" not "what"

I'm at home because I can't find a job and I'm waiting to return to college in sept. There are thousands more who are at home with no job and are not as lucky as me who has college to look forward to next month.

Can you please tell me how we fit this "minority demographic" you speak of?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I'm at home because I can't find a job and I'm waiting to return to college in sept. There are thousands more who are at home with no job and are not as lucky as me who has college to look forward to next month.

How would that sentence make any grammatical sense with "those"?
    The minority demographic is, presumably, the <50% of adults with no day job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

You don't.

Now go out and mow the lawn or something. Do you think that fridge fills itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Nision

You think Joe Duffys bad, ever listened to Adrian Kennedy?

Makes Joe Duffy look intelligent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Are you in the UK? Were you in the UK with access to daytime television when the Jeremy Kyle show was first introduced? THAT would be their target demographic. It's not rocket science. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Are you in the UK? Were you in the UK with access to daytime television when the Jeremy Kyle show was first introduced? THAT would be their target demographic. It's not rocket science. :rolleyes:

Haven't seen the show for a while, but I always assumed Kyle fans were:

- People who may be entitled to compensation due to an injury at work;

- People who want to sell their gold;

- People who want to consolidate all their loans into one simple monthly repayment;

- People who want a big leather sofa now but don't want to have to pay for it for a year or two.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Haven't seen the show for a while, but I always assumed Kyle fans were:

- People who may be entitled to compensation due to an injury at work;

- People who want to sell their gold;

- People who want to consolidate all their loans into one simple monthly repayment;

- People who want a big leather sofa now but don't want to have to pay for it for a year or two.

Having never seen it, I'll take your word on that. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    A typo, how ironic... :pac:

Indeed...

Advertisement