Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday Gone Wrong/Next Move

Options
  • 03-08-2010 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭

I booked a hotel in Turkey on the 17th July online and recieved an email confirming the booking for the 24th, I arrived at 5am on the 25th with the room fully paid for by Credit Card, the hotel informed me that my reservation didn't exist and the travel agent was not a recognised agent for the hotel, they informed me that if I waited until the next day they would have a room for me,I left the hotel and made my way into the local town and returned to the hotel after 12pm where by the hotel manager informed me that they never recieved any booking or anything to do with me. I rang the travel agents emergency number which I later found is in Australia,they informed me that this was common practice in the summer months,they also said to wait and call the Irish number on Monday who didn't do a single thing for me.

What would be my next move for this and should I consider seeking legal advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,664 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

I booked a hotel in Turkey on the 17th July online and recieved an email confirming the booking for the 24th, I arrived at 5am on the 25th with the room fully paid for by Credit Card, the hotel informed me that my reservation didn't exist and the travel agent was not a recognised agent for the hotel, they informed me that if I waited until the next day they would have a room for me,I left the hotel and made my way into the local town and returned to the hotel after 12pm where by the hotel manager informed me that they never recieved any booking or anything to do with me. I rang the travel agents emergency number which I later found is in Australia,they informed me that this was common practice in the summer months,they also said to wait and call the Irish number on Monday who didn't do a single thing for me.

What would be my next move for this and should I consider seeking legal advice.

If the people who took the booking won't do anything, do a charge back on your credit card, did you book your flights with the same travel agent ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

Did you book with Hotels Combined?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

I borrowed a credit card to book the hotel,the travel agent has informed me they need to discuse my case with their colleagues, I am at a loss as to what I can do,the week was a waste of my time, I stayed with relatives in their one bedroom hotel room, sleeping on a sofa,I am pretty pissed at the moment.

I booked through Holidays Online, I wont list the travel agents name at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Apart from a charge back, there isn't a whole lot you can do. An awful lot of online booking agents are unbonded, unregulated and unprotected. Start charge back proceedings now, or rather get the actual card holder to start doing this.

• Advertisement

Thanks I will speak to the card holder later.

Advertisement