Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barcode Tipperary Town

Options
  • 03-08-2010 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has checked out the new night club in Tipperary Town called Barcode?

I've heard it is supposed to be a very impressive venue and it's certainly something that Tipperary Town, and the whole of West Tipperary, was in need of!

The club is based in the old Royal venue and I must check it out when I'm back home.

Let's hope they can maintain a decent standard of clientele as we all know that there's some "not too delightful" characters floating about Tipp Town that are more than capable of destroying the reputation of a good venue :(!

Here's hoping for the best :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,690 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I didnt go there myself, but a crowd I know from Cahir went there on its opening night and said it was a good laugh..(better than Cahir House anyway)

Decent music, and surprisingly enough, not a rough crowd in there...they were saying though, there are still the odd fools outside there that if you look at them wrong they will have a serious problem with you.

All in all, they said it was great craic. I must go thee myself some weekend

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Id hate to see the "good crowd" in Tipp town i bet any money it was all diamond earrings,mullet and them shaved V haircuts and printed t-shirts crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭DaveJac

night clubs aint my thing but a few friends that have been say its very good and modern inside completly differnet to what was there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Bettyboop3xXx

I've been there loadsa times.... They've loadsa things on in there. James Sutton (Ryan Lamb) from emmerdale was there last week on their opening nite. HOT :D
    Jenny Green from 2fm was there last week. They've got Tidy Boys and Judge Jules there in d next few weeks. They play all kindsa music in there on different nites so its great to have a choice for a change ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 shamrockman2007

Was home over the christmas and we went to the club to have a look. The place is done up very nice indeed a hundred times better than it used to be. It looked quite trendy as good as you would see here in Waterford.
    Kielys is not a patch on this place looks wise. The music was good but there was not too many people their for what I would have expected for this time of year. I had two friends from Waterford who were quite impressed with the place and the women there. But all that said they have made the fatal mistake that all previous owners have made. The heads that were there just put me right off. It did not matter to my friends but I knew most of the scum that were there. The doormen there were nice but none were local that I could see hence the fatal flaw that all the previous owners have made in the past. My father told me once that years ago it was cleaned up by the local security company and you would have to que up to get in every night.
    Bad heads in there will ony draw more bad heads
    Wont be going back there again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Can it not be looked on as a good thing? If all the scumbags and tw@ts end up in the nightclub, it means every other place in the town won't have them...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Black_Ninja

The heads that were there just put me right off. It did not matter to my friends but I knew most of the scum that were there.

It was worse and a lot of them haven't been around in the last few weeks, The security can't really refuse them without reason so they must have found there reason

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

The royal is and always will be the royal. sorry! I mean it looks a lot better in there now, and they started out sooooo well being strict on the doors, not leaving in scum or underagers.

However it's all gone downhill since. :/ Which is better for me i suppose because now kielys gets an older more mature crowd who actually spend money instead of sneaking in naggins!

In saying that I think a late bar, like Mollys in Limerick, would clean up in Tipp town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ripped789

<snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Black_Ninja

The royal is and always will be the royal. sorry! I mean it looks a lot better in there now, and they started out sooooo well being strict on the doors, not leaving in scum or underagers.

However it's all gone downhill since. :/ Which is better for me i suppose because now kielys gets an older more mature crowd who actually spend money instead of sneaking in naggins!

In saying that I think a late bar, like Mollys in Limerick, would clean up in Tipp town.

I laughed, Kielys is now a glorified teenage disco

• Advertisement
Advertisement