Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Learner Permit

• 03-08-2010 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭

How long did yours take to come once you sent away for it? Im waiting for mine for 3 days short of 5 weeks now:mad:

Ive bought my car and all Im doing is waiting for it so I can get insured and get some lessons. I was hoping I would be able to drive to school in September but now thats looking more like October/November:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Mine only took about 4 days, I'd give them a ring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭James2693

4 days:eek:
    I did ring them very early last week. They said it should be here this week. which was last week then.
    If it dosent come tomorrow Il ring them again.

Its sickening though really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Well at least it wasn't lost in the post and they have a record of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Jenna69

James2693 wrote: »
    How long did yours take to come once you sent away for it? Im waiting for mine for 3 days short of 5 weeks now:mad:

Ive bought my car and all Im doing is waiting for it so I can get insured and get some lessons. I was hoping I would be able to drive to school in September but now thats looking more like October/November:(

I sent away for mine on the 23rd March and it came on the 1st April, took 7 working days. Ring them again and keep ringing them until you get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Got mine in a couple of days. Call them about it.

• Advertisement

This is a complete joke now. I cant believe its taking so long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭rizzla

Mine just turned up today. Applied on Friday, expected to get it next week due to the bank holiday weekend. I did go into the Tax Office to apply in person, wonder if that speeds things up a little.

I applied in person too. You all live in Dublin so they're going to be more efficient there. Where as I live in the mayo the land of the utter cowboy:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Tordelback

Ah come on now, you're pulling our legs - they haven't sent it to you because you don't need a licence to drive in Mayo. At least that's the conclusion I've come to after a few years of observation...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

cal them and ask what day it was sent out, they should have a record of this. It may be lost in the post at this stage, which is a pain cos you have to declare it lost at a garda station (form d800) and get new photos to get it replaced

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

James2693 wrote: »
    This is a complete joke now. I cant believe its taking so long.

There's something wrong.
    Get them to check your name in the system and see was it issued.

Not a generic 'I applied on xxx, how long should it take?'. Get them to check your name.

I just rang them up and went ****ing mental. told them I had driving lessons booked (which I dont) and I was going to have to cancel them and lose the money I paid for them.

They said it'll be here next week. But will it ****. They said that the last time I rang. I could be waiting till Christmas. What an absolute **** country we live in.

ring them back, ask to speak to supervisor, sounds like they're just fobbing you off. No need to go mad, but tell them you want to know exactly what stage it's at.

The stage it is at is it hasn't even been ****ing made!

One of my friends went into he tax office because his was taking a while. They hadnt even started making it just left there(like mine) he told them he wasnt going anywhere till they made it. They had it done in 10 minutes. But that was in Co Sligo. not ****ing Co Mayo:mad:

Yeah, the actual process doesn't take that long, but they might have a backlog of applications. Did they give a reason for this unusual delay? As I said above, I'd call back and ask to speak to a supervisor (calmly!!) and look for an explanation.

There very busy with licenses or something.:confused:
    I don't want to ring back because what if the same women picks up again and she recognizes my voice when Im say "can i speak to the supervisor":D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jumbone

They will do it on the spot if you have documents showing you are traveling in a day or two. Tell them you are going to the UK and need it for ID. You will have to show a ticket but it is easy to change the date on an old confirmation email. Or you could always book and then cancel a €1 flight...

Good idea Il try that one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I dropped mine in on Wednesday and the postman delivered it on Thursday morning. That was in Dublin btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

omg lucky lol
    i was hopeing for mine today cause i gave it in yesterday but looks like i might have to wait till monday :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Jebus whats goin on you sud have had that back within about three days like everybody else max of 5 days(thats working days) Go to the office put your foot down and say your refusing to leave until you recieve it. They wont want the hassle and should sort it out there and then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Na thats about right, they informed me when i was applying for mine that there is about a 4 week back up,im waiting for mine about 3 weeks now.

I would be suprised if it actually gets here within the 4 weeks but im in Waterford so might do. Ya just gotta be patient, everything in this country is slow, nothing ever gets done right or on time:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Got mine the day before yesterday!!!!!:D:D:D
    getting insured on monday now!:)

Advertisement