Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Sport HD

• 03-08-2010 3:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭

Sorry if its a stupid question , but with all the ads for sky sports HD "Transfer" and " Upgrade " going on at the moment I was wondering ,will the lunch of these new channels effect the current sky sport packages in any way ? Will there be less games etc ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

They'll still have the exact same broadcast. It'll be simulcast in SD and HD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

They won't be on freeview anymore i.e Chorus/ntl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

This is the part that confusing me , I have the sports package with UBC (NTL's new name) Paying them a monthly fee ,so am I OK ,or are SKY removing their services from these companies ie forcing people to get a dish and sign up with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Sorry if its a stupid question , but with all the ads for sky sports HD "Transfer" and " Upgrade " going on at the moment I was wondering ,will the lunch of these new channels effect the current sky sport packages in any way ? Will there be less games etc ?

Channels can eat :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    This is the part that confusing me , I have the sports package with UBC (NTL's new name) Paying them a monthly fee ,so am I OK ,or are SKY removing their services from these companies ie forcing people to get a dish and sign up with them.

No they can't take it away from other companies as far as i know.

Sky Sports are selling the whole HD thing because it is now their main selling point due to other carriers in the UK being able to provide Skysports.

I Havn't looked it up, but remember BT Vision i think it was winning a case to provide the SkySports package, which ends up being cheaper than with Sky.

Rumours Sky are pulling SkySports news from freeview too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,379 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Sky Sports in HD has been available for quite a while now, they are not exactly new channels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Rumours Sky are pulling SkySports news from freeview too.

It's been pulled for quite a while now - you have to purchase the news and events package to have it

http://www.sky.com/quickbuy/build

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

ROCKMAN wrote:

There's some confusion here, UPC/Chorus/Ntl is not Freeview. Freeview is a different UK based system, Sky Sports News is leaving Freeview which has no effect over here. Sky Sports News HD is being launched in three weeks which will simulcast Sky Sports News. None of the Sports Channels are leaving UPC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

greendom wrote: »
    It's been pulled for quite a while now - you have to purchase the news and events package to have it

http://www.sky.com/quickbuy/build

I mean the freeview format in the UK, the set of channels that are free to anyone who have a license and a mounted aerial, i still have it on freeview there and am under the impression that it will be pulled soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

UPC aren't broadcasting any sky sports in HD, only SD

• Advertisement
Advertisement