Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porcupine Tree Coming to Dublin and Belfast this October

Options
  • 03-08-2010 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hey guys, had a look round the past few threads saw nothing on it so thought i'd highlight it with any of the fellow Irish PT fans on the forums.

Concert details as follows:

Porcupine Tree
    Date: Mon 11/10/10
    Doors Open: 7:30pm
    Tickets: Standing - € 27.50 / Seated € 29.50

Porcupine Tree
    Date: Tues 12/10/10
    Doors Open: 8:00pm
    Tickets: Standing - £ 25.50

Tickets can be purchased from Ticketmaster.ie

Easily best news ever for me!!! First time seeing Porcupine Tree Live ever!

They also haven't played in Dublin for 8 years so should be a special show.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

Yip. Heading to the Dubland show. Was gonna go see them in Scotland last year but didn't. Haven't seen them live before - can't wait :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 toolfan1912

Yip. Heading to the Dubland show. Was gonna go see them in Scotland last year but didn't. Haven't seen them live before - can't wait :cool:

Deadly, seems some of the Major prog bands are finally starting to venture back to Ireland now, Opeth have always been good at performing here, went to see Marillion on their Less is More Tour show at the button factory last year was amazing!

So fingers crossed we might get Dream Theater and perhaps dare I say it RUSH! To make a stop here...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

So fingers crossed we might get Dream Theater and perhaps dare I say it RUSH! To make a stop here...:)

Funny you should mention DT & Rush. Mike Portnoy was at the Rush show I was at in Kansas City last month. Didn't know he was there at the time - would've liked a pic with him and I'd have had a word in his ear about DT playing in Dublin again :D

Can't see Rush ever playing Ireland but, hopefully, they'll be back in the UK & mainland Europe next year :cool:

Funny you should mention DT & Rush. Mike Portnoy was at the Rush show I was at in Kansas City last month. Didn't know he was there at the time - would've liked a pic with him and I'd have had a word in his ear about DT playing in Dublin again :D

Can't see Rush ever playing Ireland but, hopefully, they'll be back in the UK & mainland Europe next year :cool:

Hahaha you should sign up to MP's twitter they'll you'd be able to follow where he would have been going gig wise..;).

Ah I know but I'll never give up hope, I mean I never thought I'd see PT play here again but I was proved wrong so RUSH could still end up playing here in the future, no sign of them retiring anytime soon.

Either way as yah said they'll be doing a tour soon enough so one way or another I'll see them.

Where you from anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Likely won't be dream theatre....Mike Portnoy is touring with Avenged Sevenfold until the end of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Deadly, seems some of the Major prog bands are finally starting to venture back to Ireland now, Opeth have always been good at performing here, went to see Marillion on their Less is More Tour show at the button factory last year was amazing!

Will Jethro Tull ever cross the pond again!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Gridlock wrote: »
    Will Jethro Tull ever cross the pond again!!:(

Unlikely, after the very poor attendance at their last show in the Point in 2001. They only put half the seats out on the floor and there was hardly anyone upstairs. I was surprised it even went ahead.

+1 for the "Rush to play Ireland" petition. :D

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Hey guys, had a look round the past few threads saw nothing on it so thought i'd highlight it with any of the fellow Irish PT fans on the forums.

Check out the Rock and Metal forum, quite a few PT fans in there!

Nea wrote: »
    Check out the Rock and Metal forum, quite a few PT fans in there!

Cheers man, I'll repost it the thread in there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Unlikely, after the very poor attendance at their last show in the Point in 2001. They only put half the seats out on the floor and there was hardly anyone upstairs. I was surprised it even went ahead.

+1 for the "Rush to play Ireland" petition. :D

Thats a shame.....maybe Anderson will do a solo gig in Whelans!

+2 on Rush...Hope they finally grace us with a show!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭6stringmaniac

Over 18's :(

Does anyone know how strict tripod are on id'ing people?

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

Saw them in Moscow and I can definitely recommend going to this. They never fail to put on a fantastic show. I'm well getting a ticket for this.

Don't know man, I've never been to Tripod before, do you look really young? If yah look old enough yah might get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Anyone know what tripod is like for gigs?

6stringmaniac I find everywhere in Dublin strict for id, I'm 22 and was asked how old I was going to a gig in the academy recently :/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

If it mentions anything bout guardian, I'm sure anyone over 21 will say you're with them.

Delighted this is getting a big response from here. Gonna be seeing them 3 times that week, seeing them in a small club (X2:D) will be immense.

--LOS-- wrote: »
    Anyone know what tripod is like for gigs?

6stringmaniac I find everywhere in Dublin strict for id, I'm 22 and was asked how old I was going to a gig in the academy recently :/

I've had a look at some of the pictures on the Tripod website and it looks like about half the size of vicar street, but it's supposed to be good for sound, perhaps that's why PT haven't been touring here since 02 they haven't been able to book a decent venue for acoustics...:rolleyes::p:)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I've had a look at some of the pictures on the Tripod website and it looks like about half the size of vicar street, but it's supposed to be good for sound, perhaps that's why PT haven't been touring here since 02 they haven't been able to book a decent venue for acoustics...:rolleyes::p:)

My mates played a gig here, says the sound system is awesome, but rest isn't great for acoustics. The band will be grand though, its smal enough where it won't be massive difference.

It'll be a sight to behold!

Mushy wrote: »
    My mates played a gig here, says the sound system is awesome, but rest isn't great for acoustics. The band will be grand though, its smal enough where it won't be massive difference.

It'll be a sight to behold!

Sure will, gonna be bringing my Canon 40D DSLR to the gig, if I can get it in, PT are supposed to be not too fond of Electrical devices being brought into their shows I've heard, but I have a fairly tried and tested way of getting it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Support from North Atlantic Oscillation ... checking out some of their tunes on Myspace ... interesting ....

http://www.myspace.com/naoband

RayCon wrote: »
    Support from North Atlantic Oscillation ... checking out some of their tunes on Myspace ... interesting ....

http://www.myspace.com/naoband

Sweet, heard these guys on a Classic Prog Magazine sampler they sound deadly so gonna be a cracking night!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭The Engineer

I was at the gig last night...they were absolutely awesome! Such a tight band, and what a setlist of cracking tunes.

What a pity about all the d1ckheads in the crowd that felt the need to keep shouting random song titles at the band. They've been doing this for 20 years, or so, and I'm sure they can pull together a list of songs to keep the crowd enthralled for 2 hours (which they duly did) without "help" from the crowd. I think it was beginning to annoy Steve Wilson a tad.

Anyway, it didn't detract much from a great night.

Advertisement