Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steve Hogarth - Crawdaddy Nov.6th

Options
  • 03-08-2010 4:13pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭

(Steve Hogarth - Marillion)
    Crawdaddy
    Saturday 6th November 2010

The lyricist and voice behind Marillion, Steve Hogarth will play a special solo show at Crawdaddy on 6th November next. This is his "h Natural" project - a series of intimate shows featuring just h and a piano playing songs from his entire career, and songs by other artists that have influenced him over the years.

Considered to be one of the great performers on the live music circuit, Steve Hogarth brings his beautifully-crafted songs to the intimate surroundings of Crawdaddy for what promises to be a very special night of insight, songs, stories and a little bit of voodoo. Over a career spanning 21 years with Marillion, Steve has achieved cult status for his performances among their vast fan-base worldwide.

Yet another gig I gotta get funds for!:rolleyes::D Delighted though, played a quality show with Marillion last December! Tickets are 25 euros and can be got at Tickets.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Cheers for this, saw him the last time he did this in Whelans and it was a great night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 toolfan1912

Thanks for posting this man, shall be going along to this!

Saw Steve along with the rest of the band in the button factory there last year was a brilliant gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Ticket bought. Delighted about this. Marillion were great last year, but Hogarth in particular was in superb form, so another solo show is very welcome indeed.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

This makes me happy. Will certainly be attending this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

*runs into thread*

FISH !!!!

*runs out of thread*

:p

• Advertisement

No, no, no, you've got it all wrong! This is how you do it:

GRENDEL !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJX7T6QRUvBxqShd4JcSUjOxBWp0EyCxSjcVAHr7JYdpAan9s&t=1&usg=__shRYxSbIkH2ghE0tLVSGE_forr8=

Btw are the tickets not on sale yet, or are they sold out? Can't buy them on Ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Btw are the tickets not on sale yet, or are they sold out? Can't buy them on Ticketmaster.

Yes they are. Ticketmaster aren't selling them, try tickets.ie

Delphi91 wrote: »
    Yes they are. Ticketmaster aren't selling them, try tickets.ie

Ah cool, cheers, it's listed on Ticketmasters site though that's why I was wondering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

What a stunning show last night. The idea of getting to see H in such a small venue is great in itself, but to have the quality of the performance and the respect of the audience be so good was just perfect. I think I even preferred it to last year's Marillion show, which was phenomenal as well, and evidently was regarded as such by H too.
    Highlights for me were the stunning rendition of Fantastic Place, the sublime On the Street Where You Live and the slightly ramshackle (but very well-received) Cloudbusting. Audience participation in The Whole of the Moon and Three Minute Boy was terrific as well.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,006 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I was there too - cracking stuff. h has quite the relationship with the audience, some flying in from Germany and the UK for the first date on this tour, plonking drinks for him on top of the piano. Among my favourite songs were The Party (perfect opener), Estonia, Hard As Love, and 3 Minute Boy as mentioned. I might have wished for a song from Afraid Of Sunlight (my favourite Marillion album) but that's a minor detail.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

I was there as well, thought he put on a terrific show. I was surprised there weren't a few more cover versions, but that's not a complaint or anything. Good to see a crowd there, even if a lot of them were imported!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I would have loved to have gone but I was at Paramore with the kids.
    I hope he comes back again next year or that Marillion do.

The next Marillion album will probably be released next year, so hopefully there'll be a tour and an Irish date. He seemed to rate the last Irish date as one of the best on the last tour (along with Burnley :D ).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

blastman wrote: »
    The next Marillion album will probably be released next year, so hopefully there'll be a tour and an Irish date. He seemed to rate the last Irish date as one of the best on the last tour (along with Burnley :D ).

Oh great, I will keep my fingers crossed.:D

Advertisement