Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has the craze for the 911 Conspiracy Theory died off?

Options
  • 03-08-2010 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

Without going back over the rights wrongs & wrongs of possibly the most ill-thought-out conspiracy theory of all time, has it died a death over the last two years?

In some ways it appears to have died a bit since the election of Barack Obama. Perhaps the election of a black Democratic Party candidate finally persuaded these people that (quoting Trey Parker & Matt Stone) "the world's most intricate and flawlessly-executed plan ever, ever" was simply a terrorist attack by "a bunch of pissed-off Muslims"?

Perhaps the people that once believed that a government as inept as the last Republican administration could execute such a plan so successfully now know how silly this theory was.

My favourite explanation is that they now realise that not one person - not one single, solitary person out the hundreds or thousands that would have had to have been involved - has leaked a single document to the media explaining the so-called "truth"?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

ReefBreak wrote: »
    Without going back over the rights wrongs & wrongs of possibly the most ill-thought-out conspiracy theory of all time, has it died a death over the last two years?

In some ways it appears to have died a bit since the election of Barack Obama. Perhaps the election of a black Democratic Party candidate finally persuaded these people that (quoting Trey Parker & Matt Stone) "the world's most intricate and flawlessly-executed plan ever, ever" was simply a terrorist attack by "a bunch of pissed-off Muslims"?

Perhaps the people that once believed that a government as inept as the last Republican administration could execute such a plan so successfully now know how silly this theory was.

My favourite explanation is that they now realise that not one person - not one single, solitary person out the hundreds or thousands that would have had to have been involved - has leaked a single document to the media explaining the so-called "truth"?

One just has to take a look at the Conspiracy theory forum to see that this nonsense is still going strong.
    In fact many people still use the same tired old arguments debunked years and years ago.

But I don't think much has changed really. Believers are still believers.

I get this stuff will be hanging around for a long time, like the JFK conspiracy or the Moon Landing Hoax.

Advertisement