Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Married + pregnant

Options
  • 03-08-2010 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hi,
    I'm looking for advice. Just found out I'm 3 weeks pregnant (& delighted at the news). I don't know if it's all in my head but already I'm very bloated and I'm thinking how am I going to fit into a very fitted wedding dress next week?! Does anyone have any ideas as to how to combat this bloatness? Will it go? Or should I invest in a good pair of 'hold it all in' knickers?
    Thanks for your help:)

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Hey, double congrats :D I don't think there's anything you can do, if you're bloated you're bloated, and it's not the time for dieting.. Can you have the dress altered at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Don't think there's anything you can do for the bloating I'm afraid!

Good knickers might be an option but you'll probably get very uncomfortable! If you can get the dress altered that'd probably be the best thing. Is the dress very fitted and quite supportive? It might just hold you in without big knickers!

Whatever you do, don't think that if you don't eat on the morning that this will help with the bloating. It'll probably make you feel quite sick and you may end up fainting up the aisle! Drink plenty of water and avoid any foods that would normally bloat you (bread/pasta etc...)

Oh and Congratulations :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 murphymad

Hi,
    Thanks for the advice. I had done so well cutting out sweets, etc, and had a flat stomach (at least in the morning anyway) essential for the dress.
    Anyway it's all good news whatever way you look at it. At least the flowers will help to disguise a bulge initially and then I'll have to suck my tummy in after that!:(
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

actually, if you think about it if you had morning sickness you would not be eating properly anyway so stay on your diet, as long as it is balanced for another week will not do any harm. drink plenty of water and get as much rest as you can, you will be so tired in the coming weeks.
    best wishes and enjoy

Advertisement