Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recomend a plant for me!

Options
  • 03-08-2010 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭

I am looking to get a plant/small tree to put on my doorstep.

I want my doorstep to look nice and also want the plant to take the eye away from my ugly NTL box.

I am looking for something low maintenance that looks attractive.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,437 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Shaped box (buxus) or lonicera, shaped lavender, Vinca minor (periwinkle) - keep it trimmed so it stays a bit bushy on the pot, otherwise it will trail all over the step and be a bit sad on top (you can snip the long bits short with scissors). Photinia - nice red foliage in spring, again, keep it trimmed so you continue to get red leaves.

Does the area get any sun? If you have a bit of space you could rotate a pot with some bulbs in, a pot that you put a summer fuschia and a few bizzie lizzies or similar - you put new stuff in each season, but they are very cheap, and a pot with some winter heather or an evergreen shrub - there is one that has large colourful berries and a small holly shaped leaf - pernettya. Put out the seasonal one and stash the other two at the back (but keep them watered!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Cool thanks!

Advertisement