Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Band

Options
  • 03-08-2010 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Im trying to organise a wedding band, at very short notice! A friend of mine once mentioned a band called the Aftermath but when I googled they seem nore like a full on rock band than wedding-y. I would prefer an altenative band myself.
    Has anyone heard of them , or do you have any other suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 murbar1360

We had Vision 3 at our wedding last year and they were brilliant - my brother in law had them at his wedding a few years ago too. They are from the Tyrrellspass area.

They played music to suit everyone and an awful lot of people told me after that the music was great. Everybody was out on the dance floor and had a really great night. They have a website that gives a list of the songs www.vision3musicband.com.

Just on a footnote - I know that Bloomfield House recommend them highly too.

Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I was at a wedding in Naas at the weekend and they had a great band called Beat Club playing. Brendan Tallon (ex-Revelino) is their singer.

Really tight - everyone there was impressed by them.

Here's their website - http://www.beatclub.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

The Aftermath would be an originals band under that name (hence what you see on google search) - but they are also a great covers band musically.

A friend of mine was at a wedding recently and mentioned how good the band were: http://www.tilldeathdousparty.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

As above, the Aftermath are an originals band, but for covers they go under the name of The Boys from the Black Stuff (I'm nearly sure that's the name), and play all the usual wedding-y stuff. Not sure that you'd get them at short notice though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SnowballII

Thanks for all your suggestions. Its kinda of a last minute thing so I know I'll have less choice. Havent had any luck tracking down the aftermath under the other name you gave me there, so if anyone can help with that I'd be delighted.
    Going to go off and check those websites, thanks again.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

These guys are always a huge hit when they play in Tallaght and my friends sister had them at her wedding and aparently it was epic. I've seen em once and they put on a hell of a show.

http://www.irishweddingentertainment.ie/glitterbugs.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I was at a wedding in Naas at the weekend and they had a great band called Beat Club playing. Brendan Tallon (ex-Revelino) is their singer.

Really tight - everyone there was impressed by them.

Here's their website - http://www.beatclub.ie/

I dj with beatclub regularly and they cover (amongst others) the beatles, stones, jam, depeche mode, doors, smiths, pixies, stone roses and the cure.
    the playlist section of their site is very extensive

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

SnowballII wrote: »
    Thanks for all your suggestions. Its kinda of a last minute thing so I know I'll have less choice. Havent had any luck tracking down the aftermath under the other name you gave me there, so if anyone can help with that I'd be delighted.
    Going to go off and check those websites, thanks again.:)

They have a Facebook page so you could look them up on that, or i'm sure they have a Myspace or whatever. (Do people still use Myspace??) Johnny Cronin is the singer and probably who to talk to. And as someone said aswell Vision 3 are great for a wedding, but popular so the short notice will probably be a problem. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jesse.j

SnowballII wrote: »
    Im trying to organise a wedding band, at very short notice! A friend of mine once mentioned a band called the Aftermath but when I googled they seem nore like a full on rock band than wedding-y. I would prefer an altenative band myself.
    Has anyone heard of them , or do you have any other suggestions?
    The aftermath do covers and might accommodate your taste. They are good and worth checking out. The stables in Mullingar might have contact details. I only know them through mutual friends, heavy rock is not my thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

PM'd with contact details. Hope you get sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭sirrah

SnowballII how much time have you before the big day, where is the reception I've a few numbers in my phone for wedding bands if you like I could send them on to you. Have you a DJ sorted too have some numbers too??!! ;)

Advertisement