Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2010: Does the British Army recruit in prisons?

• 03-08-2010 5:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭

So, I surmise that at least some of you have read that article in The Irish Times last Saturday - here.

So many gems, such as this by one Joseph Coyne from Newbridge in Kildare: “Guys [in the Irish Army] are getting bored and fat and lazy." Charming.

The most honest of all comments was by a recruiter for the British Army when he described the sort of people from Ireland who join:

“They also join for leadership, for guidance. The vast majority are missing something in their lives and this is where they are able to find it. A lot come from broken families. Here, they find positive male influences,”

Yeah, clearly we are dealing with Ireland's brightest here.

Anyway, today there was an Irish Army guy on RTÉ's Liveline giving out about the comments on the Irish Army by these British soldiers and he said that the Irish Army would never, ever recruit in prisons and he said this is common and established practice in the British Army.

Is this actually true: the British Army in 2010 recruits in British prisons? If so, you couldn't invent this stuff. The "dregs of society" indeed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭troubleshooter

No it does not recruit in prisons.

There is more bs talked about the BA in Ireland then any country on earth and no they dont eat babies either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

There is more bs talked about the BA in Ireland then any country on earth and they dont eat babies either.

Thank you, got there before I did...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭PatsytheNazi

There is more bs talked about the BA in Ireland then any country on earth and no they dont eat babies either.
    There is more bs talked about the BA in on boards.ie then any forum on earth :rolleyes:. I sometimes wonder we're all these Brit groupies come from AARSE.co.uk maybe ? Just look at the What if? 1916 thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=67258632#post67258632

Oh we Irish are more than well qualfied to talk the truth about those murdering ba$tards, Bloody Sunday - Croke Park and Derry ring a bell Brit groupies, as well as other countless crimes perpetrated by the ' heros '.

OP, as far as I know they don't recruit ANY MORE from prisons. Indeed, I believe up to a decade or two ago a judge would sometimes offer a scumbag the option of joining the Brits or going to prison. However they more than make up their share of today's prison population in the UK.

One in 11 prisoners serving time in UK jails is a former member of the armed forces, a new report reveals.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/onthefrontline/2651148/Thousands-of-war-veterans-locked-in-British-prisons.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

There is more bs talked about the BA in on boards.ie then any forum on earth :rolleyes:. I sometimes wonder we're all these Brit groupies come from AARSE.co.uk maybe ? Just look at the What if? 1916 thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=67258632#post67258632

Oh we Irish are more than well qualfied to talk the truth about those murdering ba$tards, Bloody Sunday - Croke Park and Derry ring a bell Brit groupies, as well as other countless crimes perpetrated by the ' heros '.

OP, as far as I know they don't recruit ANY MORE from prisons. Indeed, I believe up to a decade or two ago a judge would sometimes offer a scumbag the option of joining the Brits or going to prison. However they more than make up their share of today's prison population in the UK.

One in 11 prisoners serving time in UK jails is a former member of the armed forces, a new report reveals.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/onthefrontline/2651148/Thousands-of-war-veterans-locked-in-British-prisons.html

When will you ever learn to stop spreading your verbal diarrhoea all over threads that involve anything to do with the British Army?

OP asked a question: "Does the British Army recruit in prisons?"

He was answered" "No, it doesn't"

End of story!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭troubleshooter

Irish history does not belong to you, nor do you speak for the Irish people. You have no more right to be offended then me, Im also Irish. You were not there in the past its not your offence to claim.

All you can do is post lies and half truths, the BA has never recruited from prisons. This bs claim was started in the early 80s by Sinn Fein about the SAS.

Now you move the goalposts :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭PatsytheNazi

Irish history does not belong to you, nor do you speak for the Irish people. You have no more right to be offended then me, Im also Irish. You were not there in the past its not your offence to claim.
    So a person isn't allowed to form an opinion unless it's the Biggles stories of the SAS etc :rolleyes: But like the Brits, their groupies are not the sharpest tools in the box.
    All you can do is post lies and half truths, the BA has never recruited from prisons. This bs claim was started in the early 80s by Sinn Fein about the SAS.

Now you move the goalposts :rolleyes:
    Really, can you provide a link or reference from a reliable source for that ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

So a person isn't allowed to form an opinion unless it's the Biggles stories of the SAS etc :rolleyes: But like the Brits, their groupies are not the sharpest tools in the box.

Really, can you provide a link or reference from a reliable source for that ?
    Patsy, look up the word 'sophistry'. You're good at it!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Question asked and answered. [/Thread] Locking.

Side note:
    There is more bs talked about the BA in on boards.ie then any forum on earth . I sometimes wonder we're all these Brit groupies come from AARSE.co.uk maybe ?

Yes, we are all from ARRSE. Even you, as you admit from your post.

I'm going to put this in fairly general terms. Us moderators are given fairly broad discretion on the running of our fora. You don't need to have broken any specific written rule in order to be declared detremental to the smooth running of the forum or the enjoyment thereof. Whatever your gripe with the Brtitish military, I expect you to keep your posts on topic and civil. My patience with you is starting to wear thin.

NTM

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement