Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

East Wall, D3

Options
  • 03-08-2010 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I was wondering if any of you have experience living in or around East Wall in Dublin 3? I've been living just off North Strand road for the last year and found it to be a nice enough place with very few problems. Now myself and my housemate are looking for somewhere else for next year, but my housemate wants to stay around Dublin 3 because he has family staying near North Strand. So some of the properties we're looking at are around East Wall, in particular, Merchants Road and Church Square. Anyone know what these places are like?

I'm not too fussy in general, I can make do with a small place, poorly lit etc. But I hold have safety and security fairly high up on my list of priorities. I don't want to end up living in a really dodgy area. I know that East Wall used to have a bad enough reputation, and of course I am thinking about that story a while back about the plumber being shot by a kid there. What do you think, is it a safe place to live? Are there lots of scumbags hanging around?

Cheers for the advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Hi all, I was wondering if any of you have experience living in or around East Wall in Dublin 3? I've been living just off North Strand road for the last year and found it to be a nice enough place with very few problems. Now myself and my housemate are looking for somewhere else for next year, but my housemate wants to stay around Dublin 3 because he has family staying near North Strand. So some of the properties we're looking at are around East Wall, in particular, Merchants Road and Church Square. Anyone know what these places are like?

I'm not too fussy in general, I can make do with a small place, poorly lit etc. But I hold have safety and security fairly high up on my list of priorities. I don't want to end up living in a really dodgy area. I know that East Wall used to have a bad enough reputation, and of course I am thinking about that story a while back about the plumber being shot by a kid there. What do you think, is it a safe place to live? Are there lots of scumbags hanging around?

Cheers for the advice.

Search, there's a huge mega thread on East Wall.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement