Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

N7/M7 what sections need to be completed

• 03-08-2010 6:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58 ✭✭

Anyone drive to Dublin recently..what sections are still not motorway (or 2 lanes) and any idea when they will be completed? Ive read somewhere they plan to have all the route complete before year end.
    Looking at the NRA website, they seem to be under the impression the Limerick Tunnel project is still under contruction..so not sure if they are fully up to date themselves..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

There is a 150 mtr or so section that is not complete just after Dalys Cross which is holding up the Limerick - Nenagh Section.

The Section after that will be open(Nenagh - Castletown) around December or so.

So it will be Motorway as far as Naas, 2/3 lane HQDC until the M50.

Check this forum for more info.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=887

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Isn't that section of road sinking in bogland or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

bazz26 wrote: »

Only time will tell, they dug it up put down deeper piles and a wider stance. They have no poured more concrete with further rebars and, from what I can tell, are only weeks away getting the final layer of blacktop down. However it may take longer to "keep an eye" on it prior to opening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58 ✭✭Txatxu Urki

Also heard something a while ago bout one of the building companies running out of money in mid project... .......
    At least the last section of the midlands i.e nenagh to Castletown is in full flow and we should see this open in the autumn...seriously looking at doing the red cow in 2hrs or under..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

...seriously looking at doing the red cow in 2hrs or under..

Remember the days you had to go thru Kildare town and it took closer to 4 hours :eek: Oh those were the days, numb in the car...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Remember the days you had to go thru Kildare town and it took closer to 4 hours :eek: Oh those were the days, numb in the car...

Monasterevin..... *Shudders*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Is that bit that is sunken any bit done again?? as it was handy to go for a cycle on that part of the motorway that wasnt open.

However as said above in the last few weeks it has been totally dug up and you cant get passed.

Monasterevin..... *Shudders*

Yes , always enough time to look into the housing estate on the left and point to where Herema was help captive , circa back in 1970's/80's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Yes , always enough time to look into the housing estate on the left and point to where Herema was help captive , circa back in 1970's/80's

:confused::confused: Who or what is Herema?

Kess73 wrote: »
    :confused::confused: Who or what is Herema?

Dr Herrema was the high profile MD of Farenka who was kidnapped in Limerick and held hostage in a house in Monasterevin and it made big news at the time (late 1970s).
    Farenka was one of the Mid west's biggest factory,based in Annacotty. they made the steel cord that goes into tyres. Employed a couple of thousand at its peak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think he/she is referring to Dr Heerema of Farenka by the IRA in 1975.*

* I had to google it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

bazz26 wrote: »
    your right about the road sinking.i worked at that bog with coffeys who were building the road and i you ask me that road wont be opened for a very long time.when i was there they had upto a hundred 40 ton dumpers a day with huge stone boulders the size of cars going down there to try and fill it up but it was just disappearing.the quarry in birdhill was as good as empty as thats where they got the stone from.imo they defo took the wrong route in the first place.IDIOTS

Advertisement