Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fast Fit / Kwik Fit

• 03-08-2010 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has heard any stories regarding Kwik Fit / Fast Fit.

The girlfriends sister went in to get her front brakes changed either fri or sat.

It was the only problem with the car.

When she called back for it she was told the brakelights were gone aswell and did they want her to fix it.

She said no as she would get someone else to look at it as she didn't feel comfortable about it as she was 100% sure that they working previous to her dropping it down (my missus was behind her the way down and never noticed anything wrong).

Today she called out to her main dealer Opel garage and they said there was no fuse for the brake lights in the car and that wires had been pulled out of the lights. They told her it was impossible for someone to tamper with these unless they had the keys to the car and there was no sign of any parts been forced open.

Ended up costing her €30 to get it fixed.

Has anyone else has any problems as this sounds very suspicous to me?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

i've heard similar stories to what you've just told. they're dodgy as **** apparently, always spotting a few more faults when the customer is gone. particularly women or people they assume wouldn't have a clue about car maintenance. i think there might have been a thread about it in here a while back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

I went in there the last time my car was due for NCT with a slow puncture..mentioned I had the NCT the day after to them..when i went back he was trying to flog me 3 more tyres saying I would fail as mine were worn even though i rotate them (back to front, front to back etc)..i told him no it's grand and he said on my head be it and i put it in for NCT and it passed..no problem with the tyres at all..I think because I'm a woman he saw me coming:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

cococoady wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has heard any stories regarding Kwik Fit / Fast Fit.

The girlfriends sister went in to get her front brakes changed either fri or sat.

It was the only problem with the car.

When she called back for it she was told the brakelights were gone aswell and did they want her to fix it.

She said no as she would get someone else to look at it as she didn't feel comfortable about it as she was 100% sure that they working previous to her dropping it down (my missus was behind her the way down and never noticed anything wrong).

Today she called out to her main dealer Opel garage and they said there was no fuse for the brake lights in the car and that wires had been pulled out of the lights. They told her it was impossible for someone to tamper with these unless they had the keys to the car and there was no sign of any parts been forced open.

Ended up costing her €30 to get it fixed.

Has anyone else has any problems as this sounds very suspicous to me?

I certainly hope you go back and have a "chat" with the manager there about those sort of tactics.. make sure that they know you will be spreading the word about this sort of thing with your friends and family..

Thats a bloody disgrace aswell as being very dangerous. What happened if someone had driven into you because your brake lights were not working??? :mad:

Tox

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

I went in to get my lights aligned before an NCT. They tried to sell me three tires while I was there as "some were badly worn". Asked them what prices they were selling the tires for and they told me, told them I'd decide later. Went off for half an hour while they did the lights and got a few other quotes for the tires. All about 30% cheaper. Told them to stuff the tires and I'd replace them at a later date (they were nowhere near worn anyway).

Failed the NCT later that day for the lights not being aligned. Went straight back to them to get them to actually do the job I paid them for, and I got them to pay for the retest (after about 10 mins of arguing).

Will not go back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jay.i.am

I went in a couple months back to get a couple of tyres and the tracking done for an N.C.T.I was told in order to do the tracking some part would need replacing and a break disc wasnt in good shape either.Smelled a rat as i only had the breaks done recently so asked for the keys back brought it somewhere else where they done tyres and tracking and it passed N.C.T.Wouldnt go back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

which one is kwik fit??

is it the red one opposite lidl/aldi or the yellow one opposite the RSC??

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

which one is kwik fit??

is it the red one opposite lidl/aldi or the yellow one opposite the RSC??

It's the one opposite Lidl.
    Advance is across from the RSC

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭molby

Cousin of mine went to Fast Fit for free pre NCT test.Fellow in there told him that he needed to spend 250 euro(tyres,lights alligned etc) so car would pass test.He rang me and I told him take chance with test as he could then get work needed if car fails.Car passed the test no problems.He also said that they did not want him hanging around while they examined the car.Not the first dodgy deal I heard from this gang of cowboys.Stay clear.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Legal mindfield - sorry folks, gotta close this thread!

Topic Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement