Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excellent new book for veg patch

Options
  • 03-08-2010 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

The great Michael Brenock has just produced a book - aptly called the Irish Gardeners Handbook.

If you are in any way inclined to growing your own food, its under 8 quid and available at O Brien books as well as amazon.

He advises people on garden plans Ireland and has never put me wrong with sensible, straight forward advice

Its great to see his years of knowledge put down on paper in a simple, straight forward way.

The book is superb, great reviews and highly recomended

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

I have this and can confirm that it's a very good basic guide

I was wondering, has anyone got Vegetables: For the Irish Garden by Klaus Laitenberger and would recommend it? I have a leaflet from a class he gave a few years ago but I'd like to hear if the book is good?

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭simonj

Dont know that book I'm afraid.
    One thing I do have is my Grandfathers 7th edition of leaflets 1 through to 111 inclusive from the Dept of Ag printed in 1941.
    Makes interesting reading, especially on poultry and bees for some reason.
    Also stuff on home butchery, which we cant do any more.
    But it is a nice thing to browse

Advertisement