Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tail light and indicators nto working

• 03-08-2010 6:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, put in new fuses of 13amps and still wont work but the brake ligth will once pressed, theres two bulbs in the back and both are working when brake pressed. One indicator is missing btu has been working for ages without it. Any ideas appreciated. if wiring, where shoudl i check?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Sounds like a bad wire / earth connection.

May be worth while taking out the lamp unit and cleaning the contacts with emmery paper and spraying some WD40.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Ill give that a shot tomorrow thanks, would this explain the indicators too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭210

I had a similar problem with rear lights working and then not. The problem for me was due to poor earthing between the metal light bracket and the frame. Once I cleaned the connecting pieces and tightened up the bolts problem was solved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

sound very high amperage for the rear lights etc imo (though could def be wrong!).. are there any other dead fuses anywhere?

/edit, re-read the post, and sounds like wiring alright..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

multimeter job and as guys mentioned before .....earthing will be first to check and keep eye on voltage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Thanks a million, will give a look tomorrow. What type of fuse is it, is it the household electrical ones or different?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 Tearaway

Yea, house hold will be different - some are inline - others clip into a fuse unit - you'll have to check which you have - you'll get them in halfords or most bike stores

Advertisement