Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lets get Insect Overlord added to Limerick Top 50 Sexiest Men

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

they have down as far as #11 up, is he down as 'Insect Overlord' or what? XP
    http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/Limerick39s-top-50-sexiest-men.6479166.jp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Does Warwick live in Limerick. Thought he was a Mallow man??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭Captain Average

NickDrake wrote: »
    Does Warwick live in Limerick. Thought he was a Mallow man??

You are correct, he does indeed live in Mallow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

You are correct, he does indeed live in Mallow.

So why is he in the list? This is one crazy list. Basically Limerick Socialites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

That was the whole point trying to get IO in the list this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Id be gay for Keith Earls, he should be higher up that list :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Rocky_Dennis

That list is a load of BS, Willie O Dea, Tom O Donnell, thought it was top 50 sexiest, not the over 50s sexiest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Haha,a Limerick Chronicle journalist makes it to Number 14! the 14th sexiest man in Limerick just happens to be sitting in their office?!Who would have thunk it :D

Fingers crossed for Insect Overlord in top 10!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Willie "Big Bang" Casey for No 1.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

The list is hilarious. Im better looking than half the list announced so far and im an ugly fúcker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Olaf

Not ugly enough obviously!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

ffs i gotta be hotter than Willie ODea

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055963884

Kilburn and Melion, get posting here, we'll decide then whether ye are or not :P

http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055963884

Kilburn and Melion, get posting here, we'll decide then whether ye are or not :P

agree totally :)

could tell at least three of the top ten anyway.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055963884

agree totally :)

Sounds like a challenge !

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Limerick_Lass and I have posted our pics already so the ball's in your court, bud :D

:D wait till i use the treadmill for a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

I saw the "funky" mr Overlord strutting his stuff up through cursies street on Saturday afternoon in his new Munster away top!!!! Surley top 50:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

baza1976 wrote: »
    I saw the "funky" mr Overlord strutting his stuff up through cursies street on Saturday afternoon in his new Munster away top!!!! Surley top 50:cool:

Jesus, I'm getting too famous for my own good! :D

That jersey does look good on me though :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Has the organiser contacted you in anyway regarding our nominating you ?

You bought that black and green monstrosity? I regret voting for you now. :(

Oh my god guys this is so embarrasing,they wrote my quote in the paper yesterday about how sexy Tommy Collins is and how hes the pinnacle of what women find attractive in men.
    They printed my real name beside my quote,I've got like ten million calls about it :o:o
    I hope my boyfriend doesnt find out :D

Wahoo Insect Overlord you made it into the paper :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

phill106 wrote: »
    Has the organiser contacted you in anyway regarding our nominating you ?

Nope, I've heard nothing from them. That said, I'm not a businessman, a politician or a professional rugby player, so it's only to be expected...
    You bought that black and green monstrosity? I regret voting for you now. :(

I got a present of last season's yellow jersey. It's not as bad as the black and green one anyway! :D
    panda100 wrote: »

Haha, yeah, I saw that too! At least the campaign worked to some small degree! I nominate The Drifter for next year... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Haha, yeah, I saw that too! At least the campaign worked to some small degree! I nominate The Drifter for next year... :pac:

you can f*ck right off :p

• Advertisement

Oh my god guys this is so embarrasing,they wrote my quote in the paper yesterday about how sexy Tommy Collins is and how hes the pinnacle of what women find attractive in men.
    They printed my real name beside my quote,I've got like ten million calls about it :o:o
    I hope my boyfriend doesnt find out :D

No way?! haha even the part about "moneyeyes Celia"??:D

Fair play IO,its something you can show off to prospective girlfriends at least!
    No way?! haha even the part about "moneyeyes Celia"??:D

Its what I emailed in. It was something along the lines of IO is the sexiest man ever,it doesnt matter what he does for a living cos he has all the qualities that makes a women want to just tear his clothes off etc etc.

Its what I emailed in. It was something along the lines of IO is the sexiest man ever,it doesnt matter what he does for a living cos he has all the qualities that makes a women want to just tear his clothes off etc etc.

I am sickened by the above post as it exemplifies the rampant sexism that exists in Ireland when it comes to forum moderators.
    Moderators are valued more in our society as sex objects than geeks,something which Is so frustrating to the thousands of male moderators in Ireland who get little to no funding,acknowledgment or respect from girls and have to deal with constant offensive remarks about their sexuality and gender.

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    I am sickened by the above post as it exemplifies the rampant sexism that exists in Ireland when it comes to forum moderators.
    Moderators are valued more in our society as sex objects than geeks,something which Is so frustrating to the thousands of male moderators in Ireland who get little to no funding,acknowledgment or respect from girls and have to deal with constant offensive remarks about their sexuality and gender.

Haha very funny.

Im glad IO made it in to the paper,he seems like a nice down to earth guy.

The Chronicle List is a joke and should be treated as thus. It reinforces every sick stereotype of women being interested only in money when it comes to finding a man sexually attractive. Thats why you still get awful statements in the LL suggesting that men never have free sex as women are only interested in free dinners or material presents, this sort of list reinforces that.

Just as women shouldn't be viewed as sexually attractive just for the way they look, men shouldn't get the same treatment just for the size of their wallet. Sexuality is a lot more than just looks and money but you wouldn;t think it by our media.

Haha very funny.

Im glad IO made it in to the paper,he seems like a nice down to earth guy.

The Chronicle List is a joke and should be treated as thus. It reinforces every sick stereotype of women being interested only in money when it comes to finding a man sexually attractive. Thats why you still get awful statements in the LL suggesting that men never have free sex as women are only interested in free dinners or material presents, this sort of list reinforces that.

Just as women shouldn't be viewed as sexually attractive just for the way they look, men shouldn't get the same treatment just for the size of their wallet. Sexuality is a lot more than just looks and money but you wouldn;t think it by our media.

I was only messing with you! I probably should have added this chap at the end........ :D

• Advertisement

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    I was only messing with you! I probably should have added this chap at the end........ :D

Sorry,just get a lot of pm's like that so my first instinct is defence rather than laughing :D

I still think we'll make it in the Top 10 guys!

Sorry,just get a lot of pm's like that so my first instinct is defence rather than laughing :D

I still think we'll make it in the Top 10 guys!

Oh right I didn't realise people took this thing so seriously!

(not your beliefs, just the whole internet thing that they would be bothered to send you sarcastic/ridiculing pm's)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

everyone should have a sig like mine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

I don't know why anyone would be bothered by this. They used to do this years ago in a short lived limerick magazine where that publicity wh*re Celia Holman Lee had Ron Hogan as Limerick's sexiest man.

Well?

I believe the results of this should be out today.

Didn't make the "official" top 50!
    But, the Rubberbandits, two guys named Ross O'Donoghue and Eoin Kernan, 95fm's Fergal Deegan and my good self were given a special "Readers' Choice" box next to the Top 10.

It was a good bit of fun anyway!

So the readers choice doesnt count as the official choice? pshh.

What was the Top 10?

In no particular order (the Chronicle want people to text and e-mail in their votes to decide the order of the "Top 10"...) :

Kamal Ibrahim; David Wallace; Andy Lee; Aidan Brooks; Rocky O'Shea; John Galvin; Emmet O'Brien; Bruno Coppola; Alan Quinlan; Mike Gaffney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

So obviously the people working in the Chronicle office decide who gets on the list. Why did they have us all email them in with suggestions then? :rolleyes:

Anyways, delighted my brother Ross was included in the "Readers' Choice" section - I ran a short but determined campaign :D

• Advertisement

boomerang wrote: »
    So obviously the people working in the Chronicle office decide who gets on the list. Why did they have us all email them in with suggestions then? :rolleyes:

Anyways, delighted my brother Ross was included in the "Readers' Choice" section - I ran a short but determined campaign :D

Ross is your brother?! Never copped that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Any online link to the top ten?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

You know this Ross of which I speak? :D

(Uh oh, boards cover blown! Retreat! Retreat!) :p

Went to school with Ross, was only chatting to him this morning :)

Any online link to the top ten?

I don't think the Chronicle is published on-line. There's an option to get the e-paper of the Leader on-line, but that'll cost you €75 for the year.

I posted the top ten here an hour ago though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

Well me managed to get him into the paper at least!

45024_467853023318_622763318_6559643_5548788_n.jpg

What next? I feel boards powered world domination calling....

Limerick Lass for Rose of Tralee?
    Raiser for Pres?

Whoohaaaaaa ( evil laugh ) :cool:

CCSL wrote: »
    Well me managed to get him into the paper at least!

What next? I feel boards powered world domination calling....

Limerick Lass for Rose of Tralee?
    Raiser for Pres?

Whoohaaaaaa ( evil laugh ) :cool:

Berty to take over from Joe Duffy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Everyone knows Ross, legend of a guy.

And long ago in my youth we used to look enough alike to be mistaken for brothers, oh how my looks have faded. He's there in the list and I'm here in palookaville.

Didn't make the "official" top 50!
    But, the Rubberbandits, two guys named Ross O'Donoghue and Eoin Kernan, 95fm's Fergal Deegan and my good self were given a special "Readers' Choice" box next to the Top 10.

It was a good bit of fun anyway!

Well done, Maybe next year IO ... because you are now recognised as "somebody" by The Chronicle :)

• Advertisement

Alan Quinlan - a proud Tipp man.
    Do the chronicle think that anybody playing for Munster is from Limerick?

Marcus Horan - Clare
    Paul Warwick - An aussie living in Mallow
    Alan Quinlan - Tipp

Advertisement