Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTX 460 installation issues

Options
  • 03-08-2010 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Guys, needs help. Bought a new gtx 460 gigabyte 768mb version. I'm running Windows 7, on an ASUS motherboard.
    I wanna pre install the drivers before i put the card in, cause there's no display at all for me to use windows from the gtx460. When i try install the drivers, it says they have none compatible with my current hardware. Feels like a chicken and egg scenario :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

nevermind guys, i overcame the issue, I'm a ****ing genius :D
    I used my laptop with logmein's remote desktop function to gain control of the diplay :) alls working now, just gotta see what this card can do :o

• Registered Users Posts: 82,405 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

wouldnt win7 just sefault to a standard VGA driver to turn the lights on in the gtx460? Seemed like an unecessary step to pre-load the driver: just have it ready to load when you get the card installed and then do so from the safe-mode resolution (640x480) which is not that painful and only needs to take 2-3 minutes.

The problem was i had no display at all, even the bios wouldn't display, hence the problems :(

• Registered Users Posts: 82,405 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

sounds like a CMOS reset wouldve been helpful. but pointless now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

i had this before and realised adding the new card forced my monitor into VGA source as opposed to DVI( even though it was connected via DVI ), rebooting didnt sort it and i took the whole damn pc apart and figured out( from the bios codes passing on GPU initialization for POST ) after 2-3 hours of doing a rebuild that i just had to hit the "Source" button on my monitor lmao

• Advertisement

lmimmfn wrote: »
    i had this before and realised adding the new card forced my monitor into VGA source as opposed to DVI( even though it was connected via DVI ), rebooting didnt sort it and i took the whole damn pc apart and figured out( from the bios codes passing on GPU initialization for POST ) after 2-3 hours of doing a rebuild that i just had to hit the "Source" button on my monitor lmao

gonna try remember that, in case next time i won't have internet or logmein installed.

Advertisement