Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA Tour Golf + Premiership tips

Options
  • 03-08-2010 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi,

I just made a blog on blogpsot.com to keep track of my bets from now on and thought I'd post it here too. ( So someone might read it :P )

Golf will be the focus of my bets initially and I have a few new strategies i'd like to try out with regards the Premier league.

I'm not a professional tipster or anything and not had the best of luck of late, hence why i'm starting the blog. But I know what I'm doing. :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 SimplyBetting

There are Two events on the PGA tour this week, one for the good players, and one for the not so good players. Let's have a stab at the not so good players then.

Week 1: Turning Stone Resort Selections

Selection 1: James Nitties @ 90/1 Bet365 - 1pt E/W

James missed the cut last week, so how can I justify picking him?

Well, he Shot a very impressive second round 63 to make up for a dismal first round which should provide him with enough confidence going into this week. He has shown moderate form the past few weeks and Finished inside the top 20 here last year. Let's hope he carries on his recent form and that MC last week has helped with the chunky price.

Selection 2: Jerry kelly @ 150/1 Bet365 - 1pt E/W

The price for Jerry this week is staggering. He's one of the best players in the field, without question.

The reason behind the high price is he has 4 MC's in a row coming into this event. Out of form right? Yes, and no. He shot average rounds in all the events except for the Brittish open where he played poorly, but this isn't the Brittish open now is it? so that form can be excused. The law of averages would say he's going to make the cut this week and i've a sneaky feeling he might do a lot more, expecting at least one low round from Jerry this week.

Selection 3: Brian Davis @ 125/1 Stan James - 1pt E/W

The nearly man of the year. The forgotten man of the year. Not anymore.

Brian will be remembered this year for his sportsmanship when handing victory to Jim Furyk after he interefered with his own ball by accident, at the Verizon Heritage (Oh yeah, now i remember him lol.) He has showed good form in spits and spats this year and not alot recently, but the Two second place finishes this year shows he can get it going. He's never won on the PGA tour and he will have as good a chance as any in this low key event with little media attention.

Total Staked: 6 pts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Best of luck with it.

I do a few golf bets myself so will keep an eye on this

Week 1: WGC @ Akron

My main focus is on the Turning stone event this week, just had a quick nibble at huge prices on a couple of players not completely out of form.

Oliie Fisher @ 400/1 0.8 Pts

Ollies last decent finish was 11th in the BMW International Open in late june, I don't know the reason why he missed the following 3 events, presuming it's an injury. His last 3 rounds were 74+ or higher, hence the price.
    So, he's due a good round, and I hope a good all round performance at Akron. He's just said on twitter, he feels his game is coming around, which is good.

Gregory Bourdy @ 570/1 0.4 pts.

Came 6th in France in early July, so the price isn't fair and just imo, still it would be quite sometime if he pulled off the win. Solid stats all round this year hence the bet.

I should have a detailed blog for the USPGA next week.

Total staked: 1.2 pts.

EDIT: Ollie wilson not Fisher, Fisher isn't in the event.

Jerry Kelly Got a T3rd at Turning stone, which brought in some money. Outcome in red.

selection 1: James Nitties @ 90/1 Bet365 - 1pt E/W

Outcome: BET LOST. Made the cut, very incosistant performance. Notes: Good driving, Poor irons, average putting.

Selection 2: Jerry kelly @ 150/1 Bet365 - 1pt E/W
    Outcome: BET PLACE/DEAD HEAT @ 60% of stake. Returned 23 Pts. Shot -8 on Sunday, and even had two bogeys in the round. Notes: Great driving, good irons, average putting.

Selection 3: Brian Davis @ 125/1 Stan James - 1pt E/W
    Outcome: BET LOSE: Made the cut and was brialliantly poised after every round to attack, but attack he ddin't. T22nd, just couldn't get the putter going. Notes: Great Driving, ok Irons, and poor putting performance.

Total Staked: 6 pts. + 1.2 @ WGC = 7.2 pts
    Total Returned 23 pts
    Total profit: 15.8 Pts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Good start :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭ValueSeeker

Nice call on Kelly. I'll be backing him top 20 this week, possibly Davis too.

Doocey wrote: »
    Good start :)
    Nice call on Kelly. I'll be backing him top 20 this week, possibly Davis too.

Thanks!

I hope my notes help with regards Davis and Kelly. :cool:
    That's from me following them on shot-tracker :o

Might side with Kelly again this week, dont know yet.

This weeks PGA picks,

details: http://simplybettingtips.blogspot.com/2010/08/take-your-pick.html

Garcia 1pt e/w
    Ishikawa 1pt e/w
    Sabbatini .5 pts e/w
    Kelly 1 pt e/w

Aye Carumba, not sure about those picks now :eek: Sorry, if anyone has picked them, although an outside chance of making the cut for a few of them, and that is the most important thing for a tight tournament like the PGA.

Anyway, I want just want to recommend people to do SUPER 6 with Skybet.

Free to play if you have a skybet account (presumably if you have placed a bet with them before.)

I recommend for people to play it every week and stick with low scores and once in the season you have a decent chance of coming good with your selections. E.G. getting 3/4 predictions right in either game for just one week throughout the season and you would win a share of 5k.

More info: http://simplybettingtips.blogspot.com/2010/08/super-6-where-its-at.html

SUPER 6: http://super6.skysports.com/

The astonishing missed cut mark of +1 means all my picks have failed. Miserbaly. Well actually, just missed the cut by 1/2 shots with the exception of Ishikawa who shot a total of +6.

Halfway stage bets:
    D.A Points @400/1 .6 points win
    Darren Clarke @ 190/1 .6 points win
    KJ Choi @ 400/1 .4 points win
    Shaun Micheel @ 370/1 .6 points win.

Logic behind these, is the course is playing easy at the moment, i'm hoping one of these guys can shoot the lights out and it might put me in a position to lay-off or take the jackpot. The reason I picked these group of players is they are well rested and they have shown an ability to shoot low this season with the exception of Clarke, possibly?

Bank to be updated after Tourney.

• Advertisement

No good this week. Super exciting finale though.

Total Staked: 9.2 pts
    Total Returned 0 pts
    Total profit: 6.6 pts

Nearly KO at Old Trafford but I just placed a couple of bets.

JOS 1st goalsorer @ 48/1 1pt

Man United to score in both halves @ 4/5 2 pts.

Detailed preview for the Wyndham Champ: http://simplybettingtips.blogspot.com/2010/08/wyndham-championship-preview.html

Selections:

1. Jimmy Walker: 1pt E/W @ 125/1 SkyBet + 0.6 win @ 190/1 Betfair
    2. Richard S Johnson: 1pt E/W @ 50/1 Sportingbet + 0.6 win @ 64/1Betfair
    3. Micheal Sim: 1pt win @ 50/1 Betfair
    4. Micheal Leitzig:. .5 pt e/w @ 100/1 Sportingbet + 0.4 win @ 120/1 Betfair

Total Staked @ Wyndham: 9.6 pts

Profit after Man united game: + 7.0 pts

Liability: - 2.6 pts

Just had a nibble on a few players @ 1,000/1 ( or so ) at the Barclays to come from way back and sneak it.

While it's a relatively tough course, I feel there's a -9/-10 out there for an early starter. Added to this, late starters struggle to shoot anything under par due to the dry greens. So i've gone a for four players ranging from -4 to -1, -1 is almost definitely too far back, almost.

So Pick one,
    1. Luke Donald @ 1,000/1 0.2 Pts
    2. Charley Hoffman @ 1,000/1 0.2 pts
    3. Webb Simpson @ 750/1 0.4 pts
    4. Camillio Villegas @ 1,000/1 0.2 pts
    Total Staked 1pt

Bank Breakdown.

Total Staked: 34.6 pts
    Total Returned 30 pts
    Total loss -4.6 pts.

In the red :mad:
    Actually Had Sim E/W for the last event, so got some money back ( didn't count it in the log, Never got my odds matched on BFair, so Done him E/W with PP)

Wyndham Champ Breakdown: http://simplybettingtips.blogspot.com/2010/08/wyndham-champ-breakdown.html

Advertisement